Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-46128279

The crew aborted their initial landing attempt and returned to Aberdeen, performing two passes over the runway to receive visual confirmation the landing gear was down.

They then performed an emergency landing with the landing gear in place, but amid fears it could collapse after touchdown, passengers left via an over-wing exit.
By plus7g
I think there might ensue a meeting with the Chief Pilot and a little training on decision making.....
"We shall run the ground evacuation checklist, pausing at an appropriate time re-assess the emergency before committing to an evacuation....." :D
Lockhaven liked this
By PaulSS
If I've got this right; they landed with a suspected gear problem that caused no actual problem on the ground but then ordered an evacuation. I hope I've got it wrong and there was more to it than that.
By Bill McCarthy
The report on G-BUVC is worth a look, where failure of micro switches led to a wheels up scrape along the runway at Wick - they didn’tnotice wheels down indications. Seems to be a recurring problem.
A real howler of a landing by G-EEST ought to be added to our “landing thread”. That aircraft was dismantled and taken away on lorries.