Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By marioair
Does anyone know if anyone’s done this? Please PM! After views on pros and cons versus doing in the UK
By marioair
Similar to “should I do my PPL abroad”

How many CB IR folks have they put through, or are they geared up more for full IR

What’s the airspace and procedures like out there versus SE of England
By PaulB
marioair wrote:How many CB IR folks have they put through, or are they geared up more for full IR

Have I misunderstood? I was under the impression that what you got at the end of a CB IR *was* a full IR, albeit by a different path?
By CapnM
PaulB wrote:
marioair wrote:How many CB IR folks have they put through, or are they geared up more for full IR

Have I misunderstood? I was under the impression that what you got at the end of a CB IR *was* a full IR, albeit by a different path?

That's correct - they're exactly the same, the only difference is the syllabus to getting the rating.
By marioair
CapnM wrote:
PaulB wrote:

That's correct - they're exactly the same, the only difference is the syllabus to getting the rating.

What I meant Is how receptive are they to the previous flight experience etc or do they just run you through the full 40-50 hours
By TLRippon
CBIR is not quite the same. You can’t fly high performance aircraft IR with a CBIR.
Your experience is in your logbook there should be no question about it. Your ability will decide how long the course takes.
By marioair
What’s the airspace and procedures like out there versus SE of England Ie is it a false economy to train out there.
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
marioair, I guess you are referring to Fly-In Spain at Jerez rather than FTE at Jerez? I'm not sure the latter offers the CB-IR.

Ian
By jacekowski
TLRippon wrote:CBIR is not quite the same. You can’t fly high performance aircraft IR with a CBIR.
Your experience is in your logbook there should be no question about it. Your ability will decide how long the course takes.

It is exactly same rating, just doing IR the old way you get HPA rating at the same time.
Nothing stopping you from doing CBIR and then adding HPA at a later date.
Also, in EASA land there are no SEP's that require you to have HPA, only high performance aeroplanes in easa land are at least twin engined (and i think that is a total of 1 type requiring a type rating anyway) or turbine.
Complete list is here https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/defaul ... t_Acft.pdf
G-BLEW, Dave Phillips liked this
By marioair
G-BLEW wrote:marioair, I guess you are referring to Fly-In Spain at Jerez rather than FTE at Jerez? I'm not sure the latter offers the CB-IR.

Ian

Yes that’s right
By TLRippon
jacekowski wrote:
TLRippon wrote:CBIR is not quite the same. You can’t fly high performance aircraft IR with a CBIR.

It is exactly same rating, just doing IR the old way you get HPA rating at the same time.
Also, in EASA land there are no SEP's that require you to have HPA, only high performance aeroplanes in easa land are at least twin engined (and i think that is a total of 1 type requiring a type rating anyway) or turbine.

But....

The HPA stuff isn't in the CBIR TK so there must be an exam difference to obtain the HPA shirley?
By Balliol
jacekowski wrote:

The IR trained by the CB route and full modular or integrated IR = test and rating exactly the same, the HPA difference is only if you did the CB IR TK exams.
Andrew Sinclair liked this
By TLRippon
Balliol wrote:
jacekowski wrote:

The IR trained by the CB route and full modular or integrated IR = test and rating exactly the same, the HPA difference is only if you did the CB IR TK exams.

So...
To fly an HPA aircraft after doing a CBIR you have to go back and do the IR exams?
or is there an express route taking into consideration the TK from the CBIR as having some value.?
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
I believe there's a specific HPA course/exam available (and seem to remember it being 'included' in some type ratings), there aren't a huge amount of GA aircraft that 'we' commonly fly that require HPA are there? See the link in @jacekowski's post above.

Ian