Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
PaulB wrote:Surely the correct response would have been along the lines of "Thanks for letting us know, we'll get that corrected."

Indeed. It does seem illogical to excuse a poor business front window by pointing to an uninvolved third party's unknown foreign language skills.
By gfry
SteveC wrote:
gfry wrote:
flybymike wrote:
Your website’s use of standard U.K. English does not inspire confidence. :wink:

http://www.fly-in-spain.com/General-Files/Booking.php

I do like this one from the website:

Language proveniency check (LPC)
All EASA - Pilots have to have at least a Level 4of the ICAO language grading.
You can do the LPC with us. IF you do it in any other school - check weather this school is interntionaly aproved by the CAA-Uk

Unfortunately the website is nothing to do with me and is edited by someone whose first language is not English. When you can write a website grammer perfect in another language then you get the right to knock others...... :roll: :wink:

It's the irony of how that particular is about English proficiency.........
By GolfHotel
gfry wrote:It's the irony of how that particular is about English proficiency.........

Did you mean to have the word “bit” in that sentence?

Just wondering :D :D :D :D :D
By SteveC
Dave W wrote:
PaulB wrote:Surely the correct response would have been along the lines of "Thanks for letting us know, we'll get that corrected."

Indeed. It does seem illogical to excuse a poor business front window by pointing to an uninvolved third party's unknown foreign language skills.

I am the uninvolved third party when it comes to the website I am afraid. I have told him often enough that it needs checking by a native English speaker. It does not detract from the quality of the job that my staff do. Now I know you have an issue personally with me which is poor for an admin on this site to express publicly but attempting to tar the school and my staff with your personal vendetta against me is pretty petty by anyone’s standards.

Admin impartiality?
By PeteSpencer
That's beginning to sound like old historical Bose X paranoia.

I think if I was going to set up a business offering services to Hungarians in London in which I was going to play a pretty pivotal part, I'd make sure the website was built by a Hungarian and checked by a Hungarian, with me at his side as he checked it. (My Hungarian's not brilliant)

Peter :wink:
Katamarino liked this
By Dave W
I'm an individual as well as an admin. I make it clear, I believe, when I am acting as the latter.

I don't abrogate my right to an opinion when I am the former. My opinion includes how I observe posters treating one another.

I'm also a potential future customer for IR training, so hey - what would I know about how organisations appear?
By SteveC
There is no paranoia from me. And I really don’t understand why are you having a go at me about it. I have no control over it. You will be blaming me next for the poor Brexit negotiations. If you anyone feels strongly enough about the website then a mail to the owner might be in order.

Unfortunately I am not in a position to say “thanks for letting us know we will get it fixed” as it’s nothing to do with me and I have made the same comments about it myself even offering to assist with grammar checking it. The website is owned by the company who front of house on our approvals. I guess the fact that a significant number of our students are International it’s probably a moot point.....
A le Ron liked this
By SteveC
Dave W wrote:I'm an individual as well as an admin. I make it clear, I believe, when I am acting as the latter.

I don't abrogate my right to an opinion when I am the former. My opinion includes how I observe posters treating one another.

I'm also a potential future customer for IR training, so hey - what would I know about how organisations appear?

Fair enough. Please also don’t consider yourself ever a future customer
By MDS
SteveC wrote:
Dave W wrote:I'm an individual as well as an admin. I make it clear, I believe, when I am acting as the latter.

Fair enough. Please also don’t consider yourself ever a future customer

I also intended to be a customer at Fly-In-Spain for some hour building however it took three months to receive an email reply!

I sent my inquiry on 17th July, saw my email was bounced around internally to the office on the 9th August, who then kindly replied to my email on 12th October with no apologies for the delay, acknowledgments to a single one of my questions, and simply a price list attached.

I understand you're an FI and don't control behind the scenes, but the actual office operations appear to be a total sham.

N.B. I actually live in the south of Spain full-time and would have preferred to train here, yet I've had to travel to the UK for all my training and flying thus far; funny how that works.
By SteveC
I can only apologise for the lack of communication. It’s very unusual. Please feel free to drop me a PM withthe details and I will investigate.
By Katamarino
I will likely be looking to carry out my CB-IR in the future. I have no harsh feelings for anyone involved (Steve was kind enough to help me out many years ago with a quick phone call to sort out English Proficiency!), but the poor quality of the website would make me much less likely to choose the school.

On a daily basis I get approached with issues at work that I cannot directly do anything about; I don't fob them off, I get in touch with the right person and I don't give up until it's fixed. A customer sees the organisation as a whole, and a reply of "Sorry, not my job" reflects badly on the whole organisation regardless.
PaulB liked this
By SteveC
Katamarino wrote:I will likely be looking to carry out my CB-IR in the future. I have no harsh feelings for anyone involved (Steve was kind enough to help me out many years ago with a quick phone call to sort out English Proficiency!), but the poor quality of the website would make me much less likely to choose the school.

On a daily basis I get approached with issues at work that I cannot directly do anything about; I don't fob them off, I get in touch with the right person and I don't give up until it's fixed. A customer sees the organisation as a whole, and a reply of "Sorry, not my job" reflects badly on the whole organisation regardless.

I don’t really want to keep going round in circles on this. It’s a complicated setup up and I don’t have any influence over that company. I have fed back the comments so please let’s leave it at that.