Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By seanxair
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
mo0g wrote: I have taken a risk with an online company to reglaze my serengeti with a varifocal lens. £105 all in, which I feel is worth a go, and means I will be happier spending more in future when my prescription gets worse.

Have you got a link to this company plese mo0g? Have pair of Serengeti doing nothing in a drawer as age has caught up with my eyes.

Thanks
seanxair wrote:
mo0g wrote: I have taken a risk with an online company to reglaze my serengeti with a varifocal lens. £105 all in, which I feel is worth a go, and means I will be happier spending more in future when my prescription gets worse.

Have you got a link to this company plese mo0g? Have pair of Serengeti doing nothing in a drawer as age has caught up with my eyes.

Thanks

Not a happy ending with that supplier, I sent them off and then got an email a week or so later saying the frames were too large and they sent them back, I chose one of their stock frames instead, but the holy grail of somewhere who can reglaze the serengetis is still to be found!
seanxair liked this
By Ridders
Moog - I cant answer the chart question as I dont use one, I have SkyDemon up to date and zoomable electronic chart to hand, although there is a 4 year old battered paper one kicking about in the seat back of the aircraft I think. Comes in handy if I forget my hat.

Specs, I fly with either a pair of clear Specsavers, or a pair of Oakley shades, both are varifocals.
Vision Express provided a change of prescription for the oakley lenses, it was £260, using my existing frames. It seems only a few places do the Oakley's and they are not cheap, but they are excellent for flying.
By seanxair
stevelup wrote:Exactly which ones... Might be interested!

Dante I think but I doubt I have any paperwork to remind me. Brown frames, brown lenses. Bit of wear on the arms but lenses are unmarked as far as I can see. Can't remember when I last wore them so would part with them to be honest.

Edit: They are whichever ones everyone was raving about a few years ago and were reviewed in some of the flying mags. I may even have bought them from Pooleys or such like
Edit again: Been googling and Drivers Gradient rings a bell but may be just because I remember the term at the time I was looking at them
By Irv Lee
The great thinking behind the half-mil paper chart is that it is full colour vfr representation one side, and if you fly into cloud, you just unfold it, turn it over... and it's proper IMC representation on the other side!
By seanxair
stevelup wrote:seanxair,

If the tint is lighter at the bottom than the top and they're not polarised, then they're the drivers gradient lenses, and I am indeed interested.

I have Velocity, but Dante is similar and still suits.

I'll send you a message!

Have messaged back before I saw this. Not sure if they are significantly lighter at the bottom but sure I would have had non polarised!