Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By BEX
Fam flights etc. work both ways.

How often to pilots try (commercial or private) visit ATC? At least one UK airline makes it part of their training and command course.

Stampe, you seem to be saying that only is the CAA not fit for purpose (broken). Perhaps that may be so, but that NATS in my experience has no "bunker mentality", and welcomes constructive dialogue. As I said before, if you have an issue, why not take it up with them?

As for the alphabet organisations, you seem to have a low opinion of their reps who are doing their best for GA. So why not do something about it and volunteer yourself?

Regards

BEX
By GonzoEGLL
Fam flights can be had, but the ATCO has to do them on their days off, with no recompense, and has to pay the taxes themselves.

For my last fam flight I had to personally write to the airline’s Director of Flight Ops with a detailed justification of why I wanted to fly in the jumpseat.
By Talkdownman
GonzoEGLL wrote:are we really accusing UK ATCOs of negligence by knowingly observing an ongoing airspace infringement and not intervening, while being able to do so?

:shock:

So you should be :shock:
I have 'form' now, thanks to ATC not intervening whilst being able to do so. Neither did they tell me at the time...
By GonzoEGLL
Talkdownman wrote:
GonzoEGLL wrote:are we really accusing UK ATCOs of negligence by knowingly observing an ongoing airspace infringement and not intervening, while being able to do so?

:shock:

So you should be :shock:
I have 'form' now, thanks to ATC not intervening whilst being able to do so. Neither did they tell me at the time...

Without wishing to derail, is this a one-off? (not condoning such a thing as you've described.)
thegasguy liked this