Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By mmcp42
Just watched episode 4 of Arthur Williams fling round Britain
Flying into Sywell he called up Radio Hackey Hackey
Wha it is that?
Mr google doesn’t seem to know so it must be obscure!
By chevvron
Talkdownman wrote:All we hear is radio ga ga
Radio goo goo
Radio ga ga
All we hear is radio ga ga
Radio blah blah

You'll have to forgive him; obviously his nurse didn't turn up last night. :doh:
By mmcp42
hmm
as I'm hard of hearing (and thinking but that's another thread) I had the subtitles on
they said radio hackey hackey as well ?!?
By stevelup
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I’m sure I’m stating the bleedin’ obvious here but.

The subtitler clearly didn’t understand and wrote the nonsense. You then read the nosnsense and it convinced you that’s what you heard?
By joe-fbs
We have subtitles permanently on and they are usually pretty hopeless for anything vaguely technical. Presumably produced either by voice recognition or (Ed Reardon mode on) by twelve year olds who don’t research properly (Ed Reardon mode off).

OK I confess, my Ed Reardon mode is never off.
joe-fbs wrote:We have subtitles permanently on and they are usually pretty hopeless for anything vaguely technical. Presumably produced either by voice recognition or (Ed Reardon mode on) by twelve year olds who don’t research properly (Ed Reardon mode off).

Ed Reardon mode is more a way of life for me!

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk
By TLRippon
When it’s pantomime season and not many are around after the initial I’ve been known to use the call sign Golf widow twankey instead of golf papa yankey. Nobody has noticed yet.
By chevvron
joe-fbs wrote:We have subtitles permanently on and they are usually pretty hopeless for anything vaguely technical. Presumably produced either by voice recognition or (Ed Reardon mode on) by twelve year olds who don’t research properly (Ed Reardon mode off).

Wonder what it would make of 'hectopascals'. :twisted: