Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By gyrotyro
A friend has just purchased Skydemon and I have been trying to help him get started with it. He kept saying "my map looks like I am looking at it through clouds" I asked him to send me a picture of his screen and this is what he sent..Ignore the yellow diagonal line that was an object near the iPad.

Does he have a settings issue with something?

By gyrotyro
While on the subject, he can't see the "Arial Photography" in the Airfields section. Does this have to be switched on somewhere?
By Tim Dawson
SkyDemon developer
It looks like an old version too. That’s probably why the aerial photography button is missing.

Funny that he said his map looked as if he were looking at it through clouds. That was exactly the intention!
exfirepro, Rob P, mick w and 5 others liked this
By RisePilot
I don't really think aviation is for your friend:

1) the overlaid "wind feathers" should clearly give the indication that he is looking at a weather overlay (if interested, it's westerly at 15kts)

2) when you asked him to send you a screenshot, he used a separated device to take a picture of the first device (which we can also see his iPad has a live wifi connection and of course takes screenshots with the press of a button).
By gyrotyro
RisePilot wrote:I don't really think aviation is for your friend:

1) the overlaid "wind feathers" should clearly give the indication that he is looking at a weather overlay (if interested, it's westerly at 15kts)

2) when you asked him to send you a screenshot, he used a separated device to take a picture of the first device (which we can also see his iPad has a live wifi connection and of course takes screenshots with the press of a button).

He is actually an experienced helicopter pilot with thousands of hours. He is a little IT challenged but I also didn't know that the "fog" was the rainfall option being switched on.

He now agrees the Skydemon is the best thing since one of Mrs Miggins pies, obviously sliced bread had not been invented when he was young!
By PaulB
lobstaboy wrote:My chart, whizz wheel and stop watch don't have that problem.
Just saying... :twisted:

I'm intrigued how you use your stopwatch, chart and whizz wheel to tell you what the weather is like.
BehyBill liked this