Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Flight plans are required when crossing a FIR boundary, but customs is not required between Schengen countries (most continental European countries; not UK).

So, a flight from the UK landing in France (LFAT or LFAC) and then flying on to Belgium or the Netherlands would require a subsequent flight plan (but not customs) between France – Belgium. Is this correct?

Also, if I land (helicopter) at a private site such as hotel/restaurant in the second country am I OK to fly directly back to UK (from private site) with usual FlightPlan/GAR?
Point 1 - correct in principal. Although as a result of the recent spate of terrorist attackssome Schengen countries have filed “variances” to the effect that they will sometimes apply border controls between themselves and thier Schengen neighbours. Suggest you plan to fly freely, but I would perhaps check the relevant AIP’s - and since the AIP’s are known to frequently be out of date with respect to Customs and border controls I would also double check with the local airport before you depart to another country.

Point 2 - NO. Most, if not all European states mandate that all flights entering or leaving the Schengen area must do so via a designated Customs airport.
I know of no legal way to leave a non Customs private site - direct to the UK (or anywhere else outside the Schengen area).
A le Ron liked this
For my recent trip to Spain, my research resulted in me assuming no current elevated level in France (rightly or wrongly) and no indication of any elevation in Spain.
I filed flight plans for all flights, but just in case, I filed customs declaration back to Grenoble.
I didn't expect it, but was fully processed in Grenoble by the friendly customs chap who had attended just for us, and departed straight after.