Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Flintstone
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
This is not a thread to repeat that which has gone before but merely a heads-up for LAA members. Those wanting to rake over old coals please start a separate thread or ask the mods to open the old one.

Tracey Cortis-Taylor is seeking to regain the Bill Woodhams Trophy which was given and then rescinded in 2016 following a vote by the membership. It is said that LAA Vice President Stewart Jackson will propose at the AGM that the trophy be returned.
Times article be here: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/trac ... b8be2149d7

Coincident ally this article and the AGM are close to the release of TCT's film. A cynical person might see forces at work. For a long, long version see the thread on PPRuNe in the Private Flying forum.

My motivation here is solely to give any LAA members that don't know the full story time to apprise themselves of the facts behind this sorry saga with sufficient time to cast a vote. Locking the thread and making it a sticky for a few weeks might be safest but I'll leave that to the mods.

Ahm oot.
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
It is very sad that this sorry saga has been dragged up again - including the attempt to regain the LAA trophy.

The Times article is an attempt at a whitewash.

Not sure another 20 odd pages of rehearsing the various aspects on here is the way forward.

Should there be anything breathtakingly new to report, then please feel free to contact us.

For now I will do what was suggested by the OP.