Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By kanga
A Club Member, or School regular authorised renter, posting on the Club/School noticeboard (I recall many such), would presumably have notice read by FIs and probably CFI. In those cases, CFI with misgivings would poresumably have 'quiet word' with poster. If so, it might matter less if notice is seen there by random member of the public. But a Wingly 'ad' has unlimited unknown potential viewers, and CFI will probably not be among them.
By RisePilot
I wish this inanity of the “hallowed” club bulletin board would cease. The world doesn’t work like this anymore. Where I fly we don’t have a board, I haven’t seen one in ten years and when I visit some “backwater” that still operates as such I don’t bother to read it.
By masterofnone
Agreed regarding notice boards. To be honest a CFI is a bit like the Yeti to me. I know they are supposed to exist, but I can't ever really remember seeing one, and it very likely won't alter the course of my life if I don't.

How are CFI's chosen anyway? Is it based on showing a Wingly advert to a group of candidates, and the person who gets most irate gets appointed? :wink:
RisePilot, Ben K, Tim Dawson liked this