Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Grumpy One
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Trust Waveflyer to let the secret out!!! Sorry for the delay in responding - Home problems creating …. errrrr? Problems.
My aerobeast is in the avionic shop having all the steam gauges n'stuff, ripped out. She's getting a new panel, Garmin G3X's, GNX375, G5, etc etc etc - A multimillion pounds exercise!!! :pale:
It's taking its time! I'm a patient sort of person as my Grumpy colleagues will attest :shock: But progress is somewhat slow, especially with the present loss of freedom to move.
I may be able to fly next month!!!!!
Grumpy One wrote:My aerobeast is in the avionic shop having all the steam gauges n'stuff, ripped out. She's getting a new panel, Garmin G3X's, GNX375, G5, etc etc etc - A multimillion pounds exercise!!! :pale:

Better being unserviceable now when you can't fly. It's more frustrating having a serviceable aircraft and being unable to fly it. I dropped in yesterday on the way back from the shops, place is deserted, the frustration of not being able to fly and come back to the same deserted airfield was not good for my mental health. :wink:
By Grumpy One
I used to like you Paul :D :D
Waveflyer I can do without, but you ....................????

On top of all this non-flying and enforced incarceration, doesn’t help ..... It’s not a good day in Grumpy Mansions ... Had to have our dog put down this lunchtime. :pale: :cry: :cry: :cry:
@Grumpy One sorry to read about your companion. Hopefully things are now looking up. :thumright:

I went out this morning and felt Glenforsa in the air, something about the sun & breeze combination conjures up thoughts of sitting outside at Glenforsa overlooking the Sound of Mull watching aircraft come and go whilst chatting to the occupants. A check on the webcam at lunchtime confirmed the weather there was suitable.

So today would most definitely have been lunch at Glenforsa with the possibility I would have thrown the tent in and been able to enjoy a beer or two.

Alas it wasn't to be so I took my frustration out on somme logs. :evil:

mick w, Waveflyer, Rob L and 1 others liked this
So today (Sat 30th May) where might people be heading for a safe socially distanced destination from Elstree?

Looking for somewhere where there might be a BBQ or some such going on as was going to bring first born (part of household).

I’m only aware of -

Sandown (did last weekend)
Sleep (an option)

Any other options people are aware of?
By CloudHound
The Shoreham Airport Flash Fly-In!

HALF PRICE LANDING FEE!

You have 24HRS to get PPR and get to the BBQ. The south coast is waiting for you, the charcoal is hot and the sun is shining.

Full (and Friendly) ATC!

Pop-up barbecue with Homemade cake and delicious coffee!

Please observe the usual social distancing advice, there will be signs and floor markings to assist.

PPR with ATC:

Email: airtraffic@flybrighton.com
Tel: 01273 467377