Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
@Trent772

The thing was we were planning to go to Old Warden, but in the end defaulted to Wellesbourne as they wouldn't allow us in to OW.

If you happen to know the McKillop Fold for charts (remember those?) the gentleman we were talking to as you came across was THE Duncan McKillop. A brush with fame.

I am changing my screen name to OnePea forthwith

Rob P
Trent772 liked this
Thinking of taking the Lawnmower out for an airing tomorrow.

It's not as quick as the 7 so thinking Wickenby for lunch as it is open and has a hard runway.

Come and have a test fly, make me an offer.... :thumright:
mick w liked this
First post, first aircraft hire, first of many.

I have an PA28 hired from 3rd November - 7th november, looking to fly from Inverness down to the south coast and back up.

I've recently passed my PPL so trying to build some hours. Would love to meet people along the way if possible. 3 spare seats ! 8)
By mick w
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Trent772 wrote:Thinking of taking the Lawnmower out for an airing tomorrow.

It's not as quick as the 7 so thinking Wickenby for lunch as it is open and has a hard runway.

Come and have a test fly, make me an offer.... :thumright:

I came with a load of dosh , but although all the 9's ,you didn't turn up ??. :wink:
By mick w
Trent772 wrote:Darn it......

We were there - Me and the Elder Brother !

We landed at - errr lunchtime, 1250.

Now, if you are serious, I could stretch to Sturgate if you want :pirat:

Errr , did you spot the Undercart configuration I prefer . :wink:
By Lefty
Mike_Delta wrote:First post, first aircraft hire, first of many.

I have an PA28 hired from 3rd November - 7th november, looking to fly from Inverness down to the south coast and back up.

I've recently passed my PPL so trying to build some hours. Would love to meet people along the way if possible. 3 spare seats ! 8)

Let me know if you are planning to visit White Waltham (the UK’s best flying club]. I’m around most of the time and I’d be happy to meet up.

Don’t be frightened to post on here if you need advice about your routes and/ or airfields enroute.
Thank you @Lefty, really appreciate it!

I had to cancel due to weather - typical Scotland - but I ended up joining a group in Elstree too for some more consistency. I visited White Waltham too, loved the club house there but Elstree is just that close a drive.

I'm scheduled to do my checkouts this week, I'll message you as soon as that's done and I can pop over to WW :)
By seanxair
PaulSS wrote::shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Sorry Sean, that doesn't look very nice.

That was the day before yesterday. Standing water drains off and then 2 - 3mm gets it back to this. Everything is totally saturated. The very left edge of the picture is the highest point on the farm. It is a fairly short strip and optimum conditions are required for safe use. I'm pretty hacked off. Log book shows flying October, November, December last year. :(

Feeling very glum about it all