Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
A little fleet consisting of two PA28 (SE-KMG, SE-LMZ) and a C172 (SE-LVB) plans to arrive at EGJJ Jersey on Wednesday afternoon 17 July. With the usual caveats related to VFR-flying. We'll be seven pilots, one student and one pax in all and we'll stay overnight. Anyone wishing to say hello can send me a PM and I'll let you know the ETA when known. If all goes well, we'll be travelling on the day from Bonn (Germany) with a customs stop at LFAQ.

The idea is to continue to the UK proper the day after. We haven't decided where, though.
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
akg1486 wrote:A little fleet consisting of two PA28 (SE-KMG, SE-LMZ) and a C172 (SE-LVB) plans to arrive at EGJJ Jersey on Wednesday afternoon 17 July. With the usual caveats related to VFR-flying. We'll be seven pilots, one student and one pax in all and we'll stay overnight. Anyone wishing to say hello can send me a PM and I'll let you know the ETA when known. If all goes well, we'll be travelling on the day from Bonn (Germany) with a customs stop at LFAQ.

The idea is to continue to the UK proper the day after. We haven't decided where, though.

Ah, sorry, I had meant to reply to your PM. I should be in Wales those few days. Maybe you could fly into Cardiff and have a night out in Cardiff! (landing fee £20.40, not sure about parking, not expensive).
Miscellaneous wrote:How long do you intend on staying? There's the Sollas fly-in (Outer Hebrides) on the weekend of 27th - 28th July. That could provided an objective as you explore the UK south to north. :wink:

We're on a five-day trip Tue-Sat, entering the UK from Jersey on Thursday. We'll either leave on Friday and stop somewhere in the Netherlands or Germany for a night or stay two nights in the UK and have an all-day flight from the UK to Gothenburg, Sweden, on Saturday. So the Outer Hebrides will have to wait for some other time, I'm afraid. Crossing the North Sea from Scotland to Norway is possible, but we prefer not to.

Paul_Sengupta wrote:Maybe you could fly into Cardiff and have a night out in Cardiff! (landing fee £20.40, not sure about parking, not expensive).

That could be an idea: flying from Wales to somewhere in the east (Duxford? Old Buck?) on Friday and then home Saturday would be doable.

I'll post here on Wednesday when the weather situation and our plans are more solid. We are nine people who have to agree, but it usually works out for the best. This will be my fourteenth week-long European flying adventure and all have been excellent.
AndyR wrote:
Charles Hunt wrote:Sandown mid morning tomorrow Tuesday 17th Sep.

Aeroplane free.
Weather superb.
Day off.
Unwilling wife. And as it’s our anniversary and the only one at home for several years decided I’d bin that idea :cry:

Probably just as well, see technical forum!! (Oh and congratulations!!)
Went to Wellesbourne Mountford to support the cause and have lunch. Met up with a pea, or one pea, or 1P !

Think that is what his handle was.... :mrgreen:

Very nice 6, nice lunch, downgraded because of economy sauces. Really........ I know times are tight but it has to be HP and Heinz for brown and red, please :thumleft:
Rob P liked this