Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Paul_Sengupta wrote:The weather hasn't been too great since the thread's been running. Give it a bit more time. :-)

I agree.
However for those who most commonly read on a phone in web browser, its a bit of a faf to keep all the old stuff.
For me would be much better if there was a way that only valid stuff appeared.
I have checked this thread before nearly every flight since it started.
Pete
Thanks for your comments re old posts. What exactly do you mean, is it that if the thread was reduced to say 2 pages, it would be easier to follow?
I see you regularly look before you fly but don’t send out an invitation. This is where the idea seems to be falling down, lots of people viewing by very few contributing. We are a reserved bunch.
If that could change you are more likely to get chatted up by a silver surfer with knobbly knees when you land.
Ahhh........... :roll:
By stevelup
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Pilot Pete wrote:However for those who most commonly read on a phone in web browser, its a bit of a faf to keep all the old stuff.

Can't you just press the 'first new post' button?
mick w wrote:
9 of us in the end , lovely Lunch . :thumright

Good choice. We did lee on Solent. A bad choice. Cafe closed for food orders at 1:30. Apparently they were too busy. :shock: :shock: :shock: 20 mins for a cup of tea even. :cry: :cry:
GolfHotel wrote:
mick w wrote:
9 of us in the end , lovely Lunch . :thumright

Good choice. We did lee on Solent. A bad choice. Cafe closed for food orders at 1:30. Apparently they were too busy. :shock: :shock: :shock: 20 mins for a cup of tea even. :cry: :cry:

Busiest I have ever seen the cafe, it’s just to small to cater for so much volume, hopefully they can expand it and make it bigger, don’t think they expected it to be so busy and popular so quick.
mick w liked this
Grumpy One wrote:
SimonM wrote:Anyone out and about tomorrow? (22/10/18)

JUst been relieved from baby sitting duties....
A bit late, but where are you going? I may be able to catch you up. :thumleft:

Sorry G1 but yes, a little late..... I posted that on Sunday in anticipation for Monday and today is Tuesday. :thumleft: . As I had no replies for the day I stayed local and spent an hour and a half playing in the clouds.
stevelup wrote:
Pilot Pete wrote:However for those who most commonly read on a phone in web browser, its a bit of a faf to keep all the old stuff.

Can't you just press the 'first new post' button?

Hi Steve, for a couple of reasons I'm often browsing, 'not logged in' which means its not there.
When I am, it is, and I do :D :D

Waveflyer wrote:Pete
Thanks for your comments re old posts. What exactly do you mean, is it that if the thread was reduced to say 2 pages, it would be easier to follow?
I see you regularly look before you fly but don’t send out an invitation. This is where the idea seems to be falling down, lots of people viewing by very few contributing. We are a reserved bunch.
If that could change you are more likely to get chatted up by a silver surfer with knobbly knees when you land.
Ahhh........... :roll:

Just from a phone and web browser point of view, long threads aren't slick to navigate. However it was just feedback/input. It's really not a big issue.

As for posting, I am keen and happy to contribute.
I haven't done so for several independant and sometimes combining reasons. Such as.
I'm often changing my plans at the last minute.
I may get to the field and end up in another aircraft as a pax instead.
I may be tinkering with the A/c and run-over timewise.
If I have a plan and stick to it, theres usually another item to consider such as I'm planning on meeting friends/family for a specific reason.
Bla bla bla.
I still like the thread idea, and will happily post when I think one evening......tomorrow I'm just going to pop to...
Waveflyer, Nick liked this