Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By t1m80
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I concur. Inaccurate reporting is one thing, but the sensationalising aspect of this was was pretty extreme; If i hadn't bothered to read it and just took the headline (and it was the lead item on their main web page, full column width, huge headline type) I would have been given to think that there was some significant risk to life and property.

Thankfully there wasn't; thanks to the crew and the approach to safety that we have, but it's this kind of nonsense sensationalistic reporting that those against aviation will dig up to the detriment of the community.

Miscellaneous - I didn't seek out this article, it was most prominent I assure you. I'm glad it doesn't offend you and I fully support your right not to be offended but I'll confess I'm not sure why my view is considered 'bitching' whereas yours is 'opinion'; I'm sorry you see it that way.

However, you are spot on in that this is a forum and the point of it is for people to post their opinions so, to all Forumites, keep up the good work 'coz if you didn't share your thoughts this would be pretty boring! :D
t1m80 wrote:Miscellaneous - I didn't seek out this article, it was most prominent I assure you. I'm glad it doesn't offend you and I fully support your right not to be offended but I'll confess I'm not sure why my view is considered 'bitching' whereas yours is 'opinion'; I'm sorry you see it that way.

It's all tongue in cheek t1m80, as I say I personally find the repeated bitching within the flying community as bad as the journalists themselves. I'm happy that many get a kick out of the merry-go-round :thumleft:

For the record I don't consider your view opinion, it's more factual than opinion, but your'e still 'bitching' about what they write. So not quite an accurate comparison. :D

Tell me, did you contact the DM and point out the error of their ways? Or did you restrict your expression of disgust to within the flying community? :wink:
Danny liked this
By t1m80
So we’re both bitching :D
Re Contact with DM. No, no point if I’m the only “Distgusted from The Aviation Community”. But that’s what discussion is for. So, gather views, then act based on those views.
t1m80 wrote:So we’re both bitching :D

Well…..not really.
I would be bitching if I moaned to my fellow knitting club members about it and didn't tell you…but I didn't, I told you too! (read Daily Mail). :lol:

In all seriousness, I wasn't having a pop at you in particular, just the merry-go-round of threads pointing out what we all know and can read for ourselves every time there is an aviation related report. :wink:

It's a bit like posting it gets dark when the Sun goes down. :wink:

No offence intended. :D
By kanga
t1m80 wrote:..
Re Contact with DM. No, no point...

Hutton report revealed that when the Today Programme's own 'defence and security correspondent' (not the BBC Newsroom one, but an extra appointment by the then Editor) produced a report about whose inaccuracy - or unfairness or failure to understand a careful and accurate off-the-record or off-air briefing- the MoD compained to the BBC, the Today Editor congratulated the reporter; it was proof that he has following the Editor's brief at the time of his appointment, which was not to get 'too cosy' with the MoD. This had happened several times before the notorious broadcast of the uncorroborated (and, as it turned out, multiply denied and uncorroboratable) live report which eventually involved Dr Kelly.

No one expects a tabloid paper to be more worried about complaints of inaccuracy or unfairness than the BBC.
By skydriller
"a defective Flux Capacitator" ..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Absolutely love it!! :mrgreen: April Fool?? Or Genius wind-up and she was obviously clueless...

Regards, SD..