Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Now in its thirteenth year, the Annual Grumman Fish and Chip Fly-In will be taking place once again at Welshpool over the 8th and 9th September.

Whilst things will be adjusted slightly to take advantage of (and give some business to) the new cafe at the airport, the format is essentially as in previous years:

- turn up when you like on Saturday; the cafe will open for lunches, the basic baguette/panini/sandwich/breakfasty menu is gradually being enhanced with specials as well now everyday.
- sit around and natter; those staying overnight can be ferried to and from their accommodation as required
- we'll take orders for Fish and Chips from the local chippy around 5:30pm and fetch it all about 6:30pm; we will have the option to pre-order non-fishy alternatives which will be prepared for us by the cafe
- munch food and imbibe beers, wine, soft drinks in the airport cafe or out on the decking through the evening until it's time to be ferried to accommodation.
- lifts back to the airport in the morning for departure.

Anyone who flies or is interested in Grummans is more than welcome to join us - we'd love to see some new blood in the group. PM or email me and I can provide more details.

Edited to add:
1) Welshpool's frequency changes from 128.000 to 128.005 on 1st September.
2) There is no obligation to stay for Fish and Chips/overnight; if you want to join us for just the Saturday natter please come along.
TopCat, Straight Level, ratman and 1 others liked this
By GrahamB
davey wrote:Would love to but not yet checked out on my new share, G-BIPV an aircraft i'm sure you know...

Maybe next year for the fish & chips but I do intend to visit you before this year is out, so just tea and bacon buttie :D

Let me know when you decide to come and I'll try and be around.
By GrahamB
WingedSupra wrote:Please raise a glass and a serving of mushy peas for G-BJAJ a Tiger who would love to come but is currently in rather a lot of pieces following a prop strike.

Hopeful she will fly again soon - it all depends on what condition the engine internals are in.

Good luck. Out first Grumman at Welshpool suffered a similar fate in 1996, but we got it back together and flew it for another eleven or so years. before the group sold it. It's now on the Ukrainian register!
By TopCat
WingedSupra wrote:
kanga wrote:[MP3 will be along shortly eying up the stricken prop for Aerotiques :wink: ]

The pilot flying has already called dibs and wants to mount it above his fireplace.

I did suggest mounting a plaque underneath - 'Should have gone around' :)

The lengths people go to for a Grumpy handle....