Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By MichaelP
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I received an email response from the CAA this morning.

I made the mistake of applying for a Night Rating on the basis of my Canadian one.
To apply for a reduced UK course for this rating I have to fill in the SRG2142 form and give them another £45.

Interesting, as today I have to sign a form to recommend a night rating be issued to a student of mine who I have just completed training.

It has also been identified on your application form that you hold a current SEP rating on your UK licence valid until 30/06/2020. We will therefore also require a certified copy of your certificate of revalidation to enable us to add this to your licence upon issue.

I thought this had been sent with my application, and separately by my examiner...

I will continue to work through this...
What I do not like is the threat that if this is not resolved within thirty days my application will be cancelled and I may get a small refund, or no refund of monies paid so far.

I was hoping to be able to fly in England at the end of this month, but probably not now...
I am glad I came here to BC to practice my art, there is much demand for my instructional services here at the moment.