Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Night Hawk
Hello All,

I’m heading off to Palma although have come across an issue, would someone be able to help and offer a little advice.

Aircraft
PA28-161 Warrior II
182 Ltrs (usable)

I am flying the trip in one day, I did this with my trip to Ibiza with no issues; however this problem is the opening times with Son Bonet.

I’m departing Southend and the earliest I can depart is 0600L and Son Bonet Closes 1845L

The plan was to go to Jersey for some Fuel, however they open early but fuel not so early; I then looked at Caen but can arrive OK, however cannot arrive or depart between 0900-1200L

I’m stuck for suggestions on places to land with Customs & Fuel and that are either H24 or open early.

Any help, advice or suggestions welcome but I cannot leave the night before.

NH
By Night Hawk
Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28 wrote:La Rochelle has fuel from 05:00 UTC. Might be a little too far West for your route?

Hi TG

Yeah that is a bit far west, I used them and their pay at pump for the Ibiza Trip

Somewhere central or north ideally.

Southend to Limoges
507nm 4:30
Approx 173ltrs min required
That’s 2400/32ltr ph leaned

I looked at that but the figures are a little to close to use otherwise id do that

NH
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Try Dinard, 24 hours PNR required for customs by e-mail - guess who forgot on a recent visit :oops:.

Sir Morley Steven and crew are just on their way back from a fly-in to Son Bonet as we speak.

Iceman 8)
Night Hawk liked this
By Rob P
Night Hawk wrote: I then looked at Caen but can arrive OK, however cannot arrive or depart between 0900-1200L

Where did you pick up this info?

Have you looked at Le Mans?

Rob P
By Night Hawk
Rob P wrote:
Night Hawk wrote: I then looked at Caen but can arrive OK, however cannot arrive or depart between 0900-1200L

Where did you pick up this info?

Have you looked at Le Mans?

Rob P

I called them today and the don’t accept GA saturdays 0900-1200

I’m going to email to get in writing and the reason to why.

NH
By skydriller
Montpellier?

Fuel and customs H24 is limiting, but if you can pre-notify customs then your options open up significantly, more so if you have a BP or Total card.

Regards, SD..
By Sir Morley Steven
We have just got back from three days in Son Binet (fuel is €3 per litre!)
The 172 that came from Blackbushe got fuel at Tours but stopped near my gaff (Villefranche de Rouergue
On the way back they planned to get fuel at Limoges. I have been there before, it’s good.
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
Historically, Avgas supply at Carcasonne has been patchy. This is probably long resolved as I have not heard any complaints for a while, but maybe worth a phone call or email to check.
By Night Hawk
Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28 wrote:Historically, Avgas supply at Carcasonne has been patchy. This is probably long resolved as I have not heard any complaints for a while, but maybe worth a phone call or email to check.

Thanks TG

I have an AirBP card and called the team to confirm AVGAS was available and they confirm yes with no issues.

NH
By mmcp42
I got AvGas there 2 weeks ago
self service with AirBP card

watched a Pitts doing aeros while I fuelled up, followed by a Ryanair, then it was my turn (to fly - not aeros!!)

bit of a walk from GA parking - and remember to ask for the code to get back through the gate
you pay landing fee at the tourist info desk in the terminal
(unless it's lunchtime in which case they send you an invoice)
landing was €4.50 (+£4 for paying by bank transfer once the invoice came through)