Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By TheFarmer
I’m off to Bolt Head on Monday. However, I shall not be ruining my loafers by walking to the Salcombe Harbour Hotel, as I shall be pre-booking a taxi.
By Nick T
I went down to Kemble today (from Nottingham), nice place... will definitely go back again and spend a bit longer there (made a quick getaway as the weather was coming in) and try out the café properly... looked very popular.
By BB9
Another vote for Oaksey Park - 1000m+ of beautiful grass runway and a lovely pub within walking distance - or Sandown - again, ample grass runway and the gorgeous IOW to explore. 10 minutes by cab to Shanklin :thumright: :thumright:
By flybymike
BB9 wrote:Another vote for Oaksey Park - 1000m+ of beautiful grass runway and a lovely pub within walking distance - or Sandown - again, ample grass runway and the gorgeous IOW to explore. 10 minutes by cab to Shanklin :thumright: :thumright:

Oaksey has been either closed or reduced runway length for the last few months due waterlogging
By evanscm3
cardiff. £20 fee and no handling if you want the full ATC treatment - they're friendly and used to GA traffic, just familiarise yourself with the stuff in the AIP. food at their cafe is pretty good. Oaksey park is another great shout, however for me Charlton park a few miles away takes the crown. :thumleft:
By Paul_Sengupta
Dave W wrote:
BB9 wrote:10 minutes by cab to Shanklin :thumright: :thumright:

Or buses every 15 mins for cheapskates like me. :D

Well, the funny thing is that taxis are relatively inexpensive on the IoW, so if there are two of you, a taxi to Sandown/Shanklin will cost about the same as the bus. More than two and you're better off getting a taxi.

Mind you, I usually go on my own. Last time I took the bus, the bus driver was very surprised when he saw that there was a bus stop actually right opposite the airfield entrance - he'd never dropped anyone off there before, and wasn't aware there was even a stop there (but had already agreed to drop me off right outside!). :D

Here.

It's a bit more obvious on the other (airfield) side.

mikeblyth wrote:20min walk :roll:

That's not a walk, that's a run!

Takes me over double that.

kanga wrote:New review of AV8 in local paper

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/w ... le-3821524

I see the photographer has picked out what's important.

Dave W, kanga liked this