Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By r_w_walker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Fake News Alert.

Following the National Parks success in shutting down a small grass air strip on the pretext of preventing rare birds being disturbed they are looking at closing all air space below 5000 feet.

Private pilots did not respond to an appeal for funds to save a grass air strip in sufficient numbers,

Appeals to save other air fields have also failed to gain popular support.

End of Fake News.

Many thanks to the 15 Flyer Forum members who have contributed to the crowdfunder appeal for South Moor Farm

For the full story visit my Crowd Funding page at

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/david-v-goliath

Or my Facebook page at

https://www.facebook.com/South-Moor-Far ... 459601302/
By r_w_walker
Sorry , getting desperate, trying to reach the parts other threads have failed to reach.

Only another couple of weeks and I will be quiet,until I manage to get the fifth application in.
By Flintstone
townleyc wrote:@Flintstone - isn't that 4 now? :mrgreen:
KE

Nope. Yours is the fourth post in the third thread. It's like units and tens. :D

townleyc wrote:Come on Pilots - isn't this one to stand up for?

At the risk of sounding churlish, it would seem not.

It's easy to offer encouragement and most people are happy to be seen doing so. It's harder to be a naysayer but the number of donations suggest that (apart from just the plain tight-fisted) others think this not a worthwhile cause. I admire the OP's enthusiasm but maybe people are trying to tell him something without actually saying it?

Sorry to be the Grinch.
TheFarmer, Nick liked this
O. K. Admin Team.
Several Threads were for different issues.

1. Crowdfunder.
2. Alternative to Crowdfunder.
3, GA under threat, they are picking us off one by one. Closing air fields and air space.

We still need a ONE National organisation that we ALL subscribe to to fight airfield closures, adverse planning decisions, airspace issues etc.

Meanwhile individuals and small groups fight battles which may eventually benefit GA.

If you enjoy flying from a secret farm strip to other secret farm strips, great, that might be all you are able to do soon.

I reserve the right to start another thread, asking for letters of support, if I get as far as the fifth planning application, but will stick with this one for the next 4 weeks.
@r_w_walker said
I reserve the right to start another thread,

Point of order! You ain't got any "rights" here, Guv.

Ian's trainset, his rules, us rabble are here as his guests. It's polite to ask your host for permission!

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with your principles, as long as vested-interests are free to dip their hands in the public Till to oppose you, you're liable to end up poor and bitter.... You closed the "stealth and cunning "route a long time ago. If I felt that any positive purpose would be served by an Ecological survey, I'd willingly chip in, but there's clear statistical evidence and confirmation from using one's own eyes.....wildlife adapts to human encroachment. ....you are just swallowing their bait to waste more time and money on a futile side-track.
Flintstone, Nick liked this