Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Rob L
markday104 wrote:..don't want to go through that again...

all my best

mark

And my best wishes too. I'm sure I wouldn't wish to go through your experience ! But I'm glad you're here!
Rob

(Apologies to the Admins for any previous inappropriate posts)
By BehyBill
CloudHound wrote:What happened?

You just don't want to know after an accident (as you get other priorities to think of), a full story will come later just be patient...
Bobcro liked this
By carlmeek
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Thames Valley Police said nobody on the ground was injured but a number of chickens perished in the blaze at around 1.20pm.

:lol:
By Sooty25
Iceman wrote:Quite a number indeed; I seem to recall 30,000.

Iceman 8)

I've done some work on chicken sheds and 30,000 birds would be a big shed, you'd need something a bit more than a twin to wipe that lot out! I'd think thats more likely the whole farm!
By Duncan M
Actually could easily be 30000 chickens killed in that one shed. The fire would kill a lot but panic and smoke would kill the others.
Those sheds could all hold 30000 birds, with circa 300000 total on the farm.
Broiler chickens are placed at around 20 birds per square metre.

Main thing is the two guys are ok though.
By Sooty25
Yup, both okay is the key issue and I'm sure KFC would have taken the birds :D .

Just checked shed sizes and compared to one of the sheds on the last project I did, and the Enstone sheds measured bigger than I thought. And yes 20 birds p/m would put them around 30k. That bird density is over double that of the sheds I've visited. I guess that's the difference between broilers and free range egg production.

Jeez, the noise of 30k birds in one shed, I'd be surprised if half of them even heard the impact!
By Morten
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
A le Ron wrote:Have there ever been more fatalities than that in an air crash?

Judging by the state of my leading edges, fatality numbers run in the millions (of bugs) on an average flight - and that's without crashing!
A le Ron liked this
By defcribed
The replacement shed is almost complete! Insurers must have paid out.

Sooty - I don't think the crash killed all the chickens. The wreck took fire, and the shed is wooden so that meant the whole shed burnt to ashes. Plus 30,000 chickens, apparently.

Driving past the site on a regular basis has been enough to turn me strictly free-range. We do manage to treat some animal appallingly, don't we?
townleyc, francoisvl liked this
By irishc180
There was aC152 that wend down in a. Cemetary in Ireland recently. Two uninjured but they are still pulling out bodies.

Everyone is very welcome to come and crash over here. I think you get a slightly better accident report too as a souvenir.