Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
A couple points:

- The survey seems focussed on flying cost-share with random members of the public through online apps; no choice to note if you do enjoy flying with others such as friends (and are indifferent as to whether they are pilots or not).

- Didn’t seem to incorporate helicopters in any manner – there are differences, besides higher costs. Example, most helicopter pilots seldom visit airfields unless we need fuel. Looking at my logbook, I’ve landed at over 28 different locations in the past 12 months (only three were aerodromes).
RisePilot wrote:A couple points:

- The survey seems focussed on flying cost-share with random members of the public through online apps; no choice to note if you do enjoy flying with others such as friends (and are indifferent as to whether they are pilots or not).

- Didn’t seem to incorporate helicopters in any manner – there are differences, besides higher costs. Example, most helicopter pilots seldom visit airfields unless we need fuel. Looking at my logbook, I’ve landed at over 28 different locations in the past 12 months (only three were aerodromes).

Hello, RisePilot!

Apologies for disappointing you regarding helicopters. However, you could note your preference regarding friends/passengers etc in last three questions. You can PM me details of your comments and I should be able to edit you entry if you wish :)
a.alexeev.p wrote:
TopCat wrote:Out of interest, Alexey, is your supervisor a pilot?

In fairness, if there are criticisms of the survey, he should take the rap for some of them :)

Supervisor could be a she, right? :D But no, not a pilot and I'd rather be careful passing this feedback on to him :D So I'll take the full rap ;)

Smart alec comments wont endear anyone to me. Trying to score a point by political correctness when you KNOW your supervisor is male is not good practice to my mind. You said your supervisor is MR Timothy.

And your reply to my comment implied I claimed a 20Hr pilot might be more experienced than a 100Hr pilot. Tosh.

I wish you every good fortune with your work. But I wonder if it is a good choice of subject for a Msc if neither you or your supervisor have an insight or knowledge into the subject matter. Maybe there is no need for experience these days.
GolfHotel wrote:
a.alexeev.p wrote:
TopCat wrote:Out of interest, Alexey, is your supervisor a pilot?

In fairness, if there are criticisms of the survey, he should take the rap for some of them :)

Supervisor could be a she, right? :D But no, not a pilot and I'd rather be careful passing this feedback on to him :D So I'll take the full rap ;)

Smart alec comments wont endear anyone to me. Trying to score a point by political correctness when you KNOW your supervisor is male is not good practice to my mind. You said your supervisor is MR Timothy.

And your reply to my comment implied I claimed a 20Hr pilot might be more experienced than a 100Hr pilot. Tosh.

I wish you every good fortune with your work. But I wonder if it is a good choice of subject for a Msc if neither you or your supervisor have an insight or knowledge into the subject matter. Maybe there is no need for experience these days.

Dear GolfHotel, I promise I had zero intention to be endeared. I also apologise for the tone my reply might have come across - was meant to be a friendly joke which indeed didnt come across very smart as it has slipped from my mind details on supervisor were mentioned.

Might have been misunderstanding- What you tried to say is relatively high number of hours doesn’t guarantee safety. Is that correct? If so I totally agree. If not, please feel free to clarify what you actually meant.

May I also ask though not to make rushed conclusions. Firstly, not being a pilot does not mean not having insights or knowledge - there are many other jobs. Secondly, I might not have the experience and knowledge that you do, but I have worked hard for my aviation passion to dare attempt this research. I’m sorry it offends you as it was not my intention. Have you actually never made mistakes and only attempted something you been 120% expert at? Finally, if you believe your knowledge is superior you can always use it to support, empower and help improve :-)

Once again thank you for your contribution :)
Stu B wrote:Whatever the pros and cons of the detail of the survey, Alex has conducted himself in a truly exemplary manner in these discussions, something some other posters (here and elsewhere) could learn a lot from.
I look forward to your eventual feedback, Alex!

Thank you StuB :) I try to understand and appreciate true reasons why people react in some way, but also may be being part of some Russian forums allowed to develop a bit of thicker skin... Things get brutal there sometimes :D
Dear Neilmurg, since you posted same comment on two different platforms, I hope you do not mind if I copy-paste same reply as well. At the same time I must add that such persistence is slightly worrying for me as seems to have less in common with genuine interest and more with a sabotage attempt. Hope that such a feeling is wrong.

"Hi neilmurg!

May I clarify please regarding your submission - did you complete it fully? The reason I am asking is the system does not show any submissions at all close time-wise to the time of your comment, so needed to make sure there are no technical issues that would affect the research.

Interesting remark :) that would have been the least efficient and silly marketing promotion in the history and my degree sponsors (I must admit - my parents) would be very disappointed with the use of funds. On a bit more serious note I was quite puzzled why you might have come up with such a feeling and realised that in most questions (except one) I refer only to two companies mentioned above, though please note I on purpose switch order to at least try make it less subjective for respondents.

I have several reasons for doing this topic and initial one is my home-bases/clubs ( I have two as moved away for masters) not allowing either of them - I haven't heard of such cases in continental Europe (may be it is too far). So myself am based in the UK, thus as examples provided names of UK operating companies which both I believe have just accepted the ban. It might be an open question in terms of how the findings of the research will be applied as after all I am an innovation student and should something interesting come up - it would be great to bring my findings to something slightly more tangible than just a 100 page document.

Lastly, I apologise in advance as most likely my interpretation is wrong (one can't read intonation off a forum post), but for a moment your comment also sounded like an accusation with fairly unusual request to "reply promptly". I am a foreigner, and one thing I really value UK for is general "innocent unless proven guilty" approach being applied on all society levels :-)"
a.alexeev.p wrote:your comment also sounded like an accusation with fairly unusual request to "reply promptly"
Thanks for the reply. Yes the 'reply promptly' was a bit rude, sorry. It was posted at 00:28 and my etiquette filter is sometimes a little 'tired and emotional' at that hour (ahem). It was a genuine question, it's what occurred to me when I filled in the questionnaire, 1 or 2 days earlier (You'll find my 'done' comment on the pilotaware forum). Regards