Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Chris Martyr
..................................yeah but lobstaboy , there's flying and then there is flying,,,,,,and that is FLYING..!

20 minutes in that will be more fun than 2hrs in anything else you could mention .

And from the pictures , it looks to have been built to a pretty high standard too...... Brilliant .. :thumright: ..
By Mike Charlie
Makes you wonder why its up fro sale without having been flown? I would hesitate to fly it without any information about its flying characteristics. Is that the price £5,500-00? Tempted to buy and suspend in my showroom. Agree though for those brave enough, what a hoot to fly on a calm summers evening
By Lindsayp
Not for us pie-eaters though...
By Flintstone
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Maxthelion wrote:Looks like bloody good fun, but it's hard to see where 2000 hours could be used up in building it.

Sticking on feathers and wax?
By aerial
Allen Wheeler's book Building Aeroplanes for Those Magnificent Men has an interesting chapter on building their Demoiselle. When it seemed reluctant to fly they discovered that Santo Dumont weighed only eight stone. Having found an eight stone pilot and after putting in a bigger engine, it flew satisfactorily!
lobstaboy liked this
By lobstaboy
aerial wrote:Allen Wheeler's book Building Aeroplanes for Those Magnificent Men has an interesting chapter on building their Demoiselle. When it seemed reluctant to fly they discovered that Santo Dumont weighed only eight stone. Having found an eight stone pilot and after putting in a bigger engine, it flew satisfactorily!

Damn! I knew there'd be a catch. The end of another dream then.
Flintstone liked this
By chevvron
aerial wrote:Allen Wheeler's book Building Aeroplanes for Those Magnificent Men has an interesting chapter on building their Demoiselle. When it seemed reluctant to fly they discovered that Santo Dumont weighed only eight stone. Having found an eight stone pilot and after putting in a bigger engine, it flew satisfactorily!

Eight stone Female pilot please! :thumleft:
By Paultheparaglider
lobstaboy wrote:

Damn! I knew there'd be a catch. The end of another dream then.

I doubt Dumont had a 40hp Rotax to power his one. :wink: