Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Flintstone
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Barcli wrote:I think Flinty and SMS need to fight over the JCB to fill in the hole they have dug..... first religion , then dead short people
I call for the mods to lock this thread its gone on far to far (?)

Look. It’s either necro-religious impropriety or a thread on the OHJ.

Which do you want?
By kanga
tomshep wrote:And nobody has mentioned EASA!

EASA clearly has its uses in aviation, although so far they've often suited CAT rather than GA.

How about "whinges about GA regulators on forums" [.. ".. when better results may be achieved by paying subs to GA organisations to support well-researched and -targeted lobbying of those regulators" ] ? :?
By townleyc
Gertie wrote:
Sir Morley Steven wrote:“About as much use as chocks on a helicopter” is a bit more pc than my usual “tits on a nun” one.

There are nuns who've had babies, eg who have become a nun as a retirement occupation after their husband has died. This variety of nun is, in my view, better placed to give sex and relationships advice to young people than priests who have never married.

Even the married ones. About 80% of them prefer the bread buttered on the other side :shock:

KE
By Chris Martyr
tomshep wrote:And nobody has mentioned EASA!

Well actually , gaznav nearly did Tom . Two posts above yours :D

Ok , he didn't mention them by name , but he mentioned one of their finest ambassadors who I'm sure fully endorses the use of chocks at each end of helicopter skids , along with that worthy cohort , Captain Wossisface .
But what I really like is the way Flint's post has so quickly turned to ageing nuns and their foibles . A thread drift to be proud of.. :thumright:

One of that venerable scholar , Dr F. Stone's finest works I reckon . [ 8) ]
By Flintstone
cockney steve wrote:Indeed, there was revealed, around the time of the mass child abuse in Ireland scandal breaking, the retirement of a high-up Church Official who retired and moved out to a remote location to join his long-time lover and child.

cockney steve wrote:It was always about controlling the peasant work-force, by literally putting the fear of god into them.

Sounds like they've been putting other things into them too.