Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
You need to bear in mind that this is aimed at 32 different cultures, so it's no surprise that the cynical and awkward one finds it a bit pathetic :twisted:
By johnm
Crash one wrote:Once again this drivel says a lot about EASA's opinion of the aviation community.

Not quite as patronising as the CAA was...…..
johnm wrote:You need to bear in mind that this is aimed at 32 different cultures, so it's no surprise that the cynical and awkward one finds it a bit pathetic :twisted:

John,, :D ,,the "cynical and awkward one" had one of the best pilot & engineer licensing systems in the world at one time . Until 'they' came along and screwed it all up !

The reasons why they are perceived by so many as an overweight , bungling and monolithic ivory tower of uber-administrators , is because they have walked into glass-door after glass-door.
OK , I know that Sunny Swift is fairly innocent stuff , but it actually reflects rather badly on EASA's already sullied reputation . I'm sure I am not alone here in thinking , 'do they really mean it to look this amateurish'. More to the point , do they actually KNOW how amateurish it all looks .
And it looks pathetic , regardless of which one of the 32 cultures one originates from !
cockney steve, Dominie liked this
By johnm
As I said above it reminds me of the RAF’s Pilot Officer Prune so you’d have loved it in 1946;-)
By cockney steve
Arguably, education was considerably less wide and deep in the 1940's .
With the advent of modern communications (the internet, TV) many "trade-secrets" are now open- house.
P.O Prune was "of his day" and a youngster, virtually fresh out of school, with a very narrow life-experience, would ,no doubt, have found these tips extremely useful.

I can look back on my callow youth and see just how unworldly and naive I really was, many of my peers, even more-so.
Let us not forget that these hyped-up, wet-behind the -ears, invincible youths were put in charge of very expensive equipment and the Government needed to extract maximum service from both man and machine.