Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:Whilst searching for something else I came across a YouTube vid for a simple fix if your Nexus gets age-related slowdown. I haven't tried it as both mine are still as quick as ever, probably a function of retaining them for Nav only, but might be useful for owners of flagging first-gen examples.

Got a link?
By Dave W
Unfortunately many mobile providers don't allow the data allowance to be used when tethering abroad, even if there's the ability to use that data from the phone itself.

I'm with Three - sadly they have this policy.
By Rob P
Let me know how you get on.

I have a 1st and 2nd Gen, the former relegated to reserve. I tried it last night and it seemed fast enough with SkyDemon anyway, but if it's as simple as portrayed I might give it a whirl.

Rob P
By Cottie
Dave W wrote:Unfortunately many mobile providers don't allow the data allowance to be used when tethering abroad, even if there's the ability to use that data from the phone itself.

I'm with Three - sadly they have this policy.

Three do allow tethering in Europe now. I don't think they like it as they don't advertise it.

On the website if you look for tethering outside Europe they say it's not allowed, on the page related to Europe there is no mention of tethering.

Last week I downloaded two movies to my laptop in Italy with no issues.
Dave W liked this
By Uptimist
I’m using my iPad Pro 9.7” with Sd, mainly because that’s what I already have.

Has anyone tried this size iPad with a RAM yoke mount in a PA28? Just wanted to check it fits/isn’t too clunky before I drop £70 or so on the mounting kit.
By Rob P
Wouldn't having something that hefty bolted to the yoke pretty much destroy what little responsiveness the 28 has?

Rob P
By PeteSpencer
Uptimist wrote:I’m using my iPad Pro 9.7” with Sd, mainly because that’s what I already have.

Has anyone tried this size iPad with a RAM yoke mount in a PA28? Just wanted to check it fits/isn’t too clunky before I drop £70 or so on the mounting kit.

I have an iPadMini4 on Brodit yoke mount which can rotate portrait/landscape. in landscape it pretty much fills the gap between the yoke arms.

It's about as big as you'd want: anything bigger IMHO would obscure a big chunk of important panel stuff.

Just my two penn'orth.

Peter
neilmurg liked this
By Nomad63
Anyone have any tips on connecting a N7(2013) to PilotAware?, been using an ipad mini for 3 years no problems at all, but I just cannot get the Nexus connecting with any reliability
I would like to use the Nexus as it would fit on my panel in more direct view than the Ipad mini which needs to go on my knee
Russ_H wrote:Anyone have any tips on connecting a N7(2013) to PilotAware?, been using an ipad mini for 3 years no problems at all, but I just cannot get the Nexus connecting with any reliability
I would like to use the Nexus as it would fit on my panel in more direct view than the Ipad mini which needs to go on my knee

Android has a “power save mode”, when enabled makes everything run poorly due to background IO throttle
See if its enabled, then disable
Let us know if this is the issue
Users also reported issues of firewall/virus checkers causing issues

Thx
Lee