Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
...it's rocket engineering.

Reaction Engines are looking for a Head of Engineering. Really really disappointed I've wasted my life doing bits and bytes rather than doing proper engineering - that sounds like a fun gig.
Dave W liked this
By Josh
Werner Von Braun’s autobiography was entitled “I aim for the stars”

It was pointed out it was missing the subtitle “but sometimes hit London” :twisted:
Flintstone, Ben K liked this
By Genghis the Engineer
Almost tempted to apply out of interest - on paper I am qualified, although in reality haven't worked on anything rocket propelled since the mid 90s.

https://www.reactionengines.co.uk/vacan ... gineering/

But one has to ask - will Reaction Engines ever achieve anything? For 20+ years they have been pursuing something that they clearly can't deliver themselves, yet somehow they keep finding money to do it. The real purpose of the company is a bemusing question.

G
By Rod1
My son has tried and tried to get in to Reaction engines and despite having a 2.1 in Aerospace Eng and being most of the way through an Msc in Astronautics and space eng he has so far not even got an interview. Perhaps the new guy will be more amenable:)

Rod1
By cockney steve
@Genghis the Engineer said
something that they clearly can't deliver themselves, yet somehow they keep finding money to do it. The real purpose of the company is a bemusing question.

There are always accidental philanthropists who will invest in a well-sold dream......Moller sky-car, anyone?
40-odd years' employment for the inventor and others, no doubt at a handsome salary and a nice fat pension at the end of the road...."playing "all day/week/year at the expense of a steady stream of punters who bought the snake-oil.

Jeez, If only I had lower moral standards, think of the fun I could have had, the pension I could draw, the exotic locations I could have visited to "research" :twisted: