Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By foxmoth
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Longfinal wrote:
Balliol wrote:The full schedule SEP LPC is easily achievable in 50-55mins, did one today in 55mins chock to chock, and this is in line with the Flight examiner handbook and FCL1015 GM as well.

:shock:

Not sure what your :shock: is for, an experienced pilot in currency should easily be able to do this, a low hours pilot who is out of currency may well take more though.
It takes about 40min to do an LPC of pretty much any description in reality. We generally have to drag out out to ensure we satisfy the CAA. My Examiner renewals are always done by a pair of CAA staff examiners due to the complexity of them and they never have an issue with a 45-50min LPC for VFR stuff.
Andrew Sinclair liked this
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
There seems to be a little bit of a "I can do my test quicker than yours" trend occurring here which I dont really understand. Surely there are several factors involved in how long such a test takes, not the least of which is how far away a suitable area to do various exercises such as Stalling/PFLs is from the departure aerodrome. I cant help but think that also there might well be a difference between a complete stranger rocking up out of the blue to a place saying "I need a PPL ReTest" and an experienced pilot well known by the examiner who himself suggests this to his flying buddy. No doubt everything will be demonstrated that needs to be in both cases, but the way that occurs may be slightly different.

Pretty obvious to me...

Regards, SD..
Most examiners will work hard to manage the flight and test sequence to make the flight as efficient as possible in order to reduce stress and cost to the candidate. The schedule is the schedule - anyone either short cutting it for a ‘flying buddy’ or stretching it for unknown people is not doing their job. Ps the majority of people we test we have never met or flown with before.
Andrew Sinclair, Talkdownman, Irv Lee and 1 others liked this
Balliol wrote:Most examiners will work hard to manage the flight and test sequence to make the flight as efficient as possible in order to reduce stress and cost to the candidate. The schedule is the schedule - anyone either short cutting it for a ‘flying buddy’ or stretching it for unknown people is not doing their job. Ps the majority of people we test we have never met or flown with before.

Absolutely.