Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Really? Jersey Approach seemed completely happy with it and gave me a box defined by the JSY to play in to my heart's content while they continued to handle the airliners going into Jersey - 6-9d between the 150 and 180 radials from SFC-FL100 IIRC. Of course, the Jersey Zone is Class-D now, but that's still controlled airspace, probably with many of the same controllers.
Josh wrote:Let’s not forget the once in a lifetime formation aeros overhead Gatwick by the Tiger Club during the ash cloud!

That demanded a bit of reminiscence Googleage. :D

13 aircraft in the Balbo. More photos here. :thumleft:
Josh liked this
I passed that formation whilst on a grand tour of as many places-we-would-not-normally-visit as we could in one day, done in company with a mate in our two Twisters - it was a wonderful sight as we passed beneath the Tiger gang just before flying overhead Gatwick. :thumleft:

Our tour had already included overflight of East Midlands, Birmingham and Southampton - after Gatwick, we went on to play at London City and Stansted on the way home. Top day out. :D