Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By kingbing
I applied online for mine and it seemed to go through but I have not actually heard anything and have no document to show anyone. My current medical expires in 3 weeks - do I get something then? All rather mysterious...

What have other for who have self-declared actually got?
By dont overfill
The next day I got the same form I had filled in e mailed back to me but it had a reference number in the top corner.
Remember the CAA website does not like certain operating systems. I think I used explorer.
By kingbing
Charley Farley wrote:Thank you.
I think I will just wait until after 8 April to see if my license type and associated privileges appears on their web site.
I wonder why they put such ambiguous statements out......the one about cost-sharing is incredibly vague.

Well it;s after 8 April and it still doesn't offer the option for EASA aircraft. The latest CAP1441 still says no EASA for PMD:
https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CA ... 8March2017).pdf
By PaulB
kingbing wrote:Well it;s after 8 April and it still doesn't offer the option for EASA aircraft. The latest CAP1441 still says no EASA for PMD:

... and the original doc appears to be no longer on the website.
By Charley Farley
Kingbing - yes, rather worrying that their web portal still won't let anyone take advantage of the new concession.

What type of license do you have? (You said earlier that you had applied on-line for medical self certification?)

To this who say just tick any box, because a self declaration is a self declaration - read the CAA web portal Guidance Notes:

"This medical declaration is not valid to fly aircraft for which you require a pilot’s licence issued under EASA Annex I (Part-Flight Crew Licensing (FCL)), either a PPL or LAPL, of Commission Regulation (EU) No.1178/2011. This means you may not fly an aircraft that holds an EASA certificate of airworthiness or permit to fly unless you hold a Part-FCL Licence and appropriate medical for that aircraft at the time of the flight. There is an exemption from Commission Regulation (EU) No. 1178/2011 that allows UK national licence holders to fly certain EASA aircraft until April 2018. Details are contained in CAP1441 ‘PPL Licence Privileges, Type of Aircraft to be Flown and Medical Requirements Table’."

I've just sent a third e-mail to CAA to try to get clarification.
By flybymike
The above quote relates to the rules applicable before the latest exemption and have now been superseded by the exemption itself.
If anything else were the case, then all original PMD holders with EASA licences (thousands of ‘em) would have to redeclare to make use of something they already have.
The CAA have simply not updated the form, and when they do so, I will eat my hat if they then tell all those with previous PMDs and EASA licences that they need to redeclare.
trapdoor liked this
By flybymike
kingbing wrote:I applied online for mine and it seemed to go through but I have not actually heard anything and have no document to show anyone. My current medical expires in 3 weeks - do I get something then? All rather mysterious...

What have other for who have self-declared actually got?

You should have an email acknowledgment from the CAA together with a copy of your online application. This can be printed off and kept with your licence and other bumf.
By Charley Farley
flybymike wrote:The above quote relates to the rules applicable before the latest exemption and have now been superseded by the exemption itself.
If anything else were the case, then all original PMD holders with EASA licences (thousands of ‘em) would have to redeclare to make use of something they already have.
The CAA have simply not updated the form, and when they do so, I will eat my hat if they then tell all those with previous PMDs and EASA licences that they need to redeclare.

Yes, that is correct. That quote relates to the old rules before the new exemption. It hasn't been updated to reflect tbe new exemption relating to EASA PPL and LAPL license holders flying EASA aircraft.

Correct, they have not updated their web portal to allow people to take advantage of their recent concession. But if / when they do, I agree that there would be no reason on earth for people who have already been able to declare (because they hold a license type already on the existing list) to have to re-declare.

All we need is an update to allow the new group of people covered by their exemption to be able to self declare. How hard can it be!
By kingbing
PaulB wrote:
kingbing wrote:Well it;s after 8 April and it still doesn't offer the option for EASA aircraft. The latest CAP1441 still says no EASA for PMD:

... and the original doc appears to be no longer on the website.

Odd as I was on it earlier! The parent page for the CAP1441 medical requirements table is at https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/modalappli ... il&id=7533 then one can click on the PDF.
By kingbing
Charley Farley wrote:Kingbing - yes, rather worrying that their web portal still won't let anyone take advantage of the new concession.

What type of license do you have? (You said earlier that you had applied on-line for medical self certification?)

Thanks. I am am an EASA Part FCL PPL holder and am looking to fly EASA aircraft.
By Charley Farley
kingbing wrote:
Charley Farley wrote:Kingbing - yes, rather worrying that their web portal still won't let anyone take advantage of the new concession.

Thanks. I am am an EASA Part FCL PPL holder and am looking to fly EASA aircraft.

So, how did you self declare on-line?
Which license type did you tick?
By PaulB
kingbing wrote:Odd as I was on it earlier! The parent page for the CAP1441 medical requirements table is at https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/modalappli ... il&id=7533 then one can click on the PDF.

I think that the link at the head of this thread no longer works because there was a second version of the ORS which presumably had a different URL
By trapdoor
Can’t you fit into one of these?

The Medical Declaration is an affirmation of your medical fitness to fly and to exercise the privileges of either a:
•EU Part- Flight Crew Licensing (FCL) Private Pilot Licence (PPL) to fly non-EASA aircraft,
•EU Part-FCL Light Aircraft Pilot Licence (LAPL) to fly non-EASA aircraft,
•National Private Pilot Licence (NPPL),
•UK Private Pilot Licence (UK PPL), or a
•UK Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) Balloons that is restricted to commercial operation and the privileges of a UK PPL (Balloons and Airships).

The top two are EASA licenses ... it is wholly irrelevant now that it states ‘to fly non-EASA aircraft’ as the exemption overrides that - for 12 months.
flybymike liked this