Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Full Metal Jackass
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Untidy, especially as both would have had electronic conspicuity.

I'm just wondering whether EC would have actually have helped in this situation - imagine an aircraft holding short at the threshold, it would have been easy for the pilot in the second aircraft to believe that the 'intruder' he was closing in on, was an aircraft on the ground. Indeed, when I was cut up on short final (300 feet from touchdown), I was convinced the aircraft my EC was warning me about was actually a target on the ground and before I saw the intruder, I asked over the air whether anyone was there.

In this case, I believe the only true mitigating solution would have been a controller issuing landing clearances.
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Full Metal Jackass wrote:
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:In this case, I believe the only true mitigating solution would have been a controller issuing landing clearances.

Sadly accidents in the cct at controlled airports is not unheard of either.

I thought all Cirruses had Skywatch - all the ones I have flown do/did but happy to accept that may not have been the case here.