Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
As I understand it, the "management" has changed in that time.

Previous management introduced silly high landing fees as well. This currently management have recently said, "Half price with fuel" to try and get some normality back into the game.

If they could offer me the same deal I'm paying at the strip where I'm based, I'd base my aeroplane there too. That's very unlikely to happen... :clown:
By wesleyrowe
My syndicate microlight group was based at Blackbushe and had to leave when the ban came into force. I thoroughly enjoyed flying from there but not sure what their charges would be now to be based there again. It’s a great airfield, no doubt.
By Iceman
Under the new, very positive, forward-looking management, parking and landing prices have gone down, especially with annual landing cards. Fuel prices will change for the better when a new contract is negotiated this year and they are looking at installing UL91. Out-of-hours policy has been restored and many plans for the future are in place. A new FISO team is in place. Give the new manager, Chris, a call and you will be welcomed back.

Iceman 8)
Dave W, wesleyrowe, kanga and 1 others liked this
By Iceman
Indeed, the RNAV approach application is going in, at least for the 07 end in the short term. Also, PCL very actively being considered as a replacement for the rather antiquated current lighting system.

Iceman 8)
Fairflyer5 liked this
By chevvron
Fairflyer5 wrote:As someone considering buying a plane and basing it at Blackbushe, I feel like this is a good sign that things are trending upwards!

Apart from the present lack of hangarage. :| :(
Fairflyer5 liked this
By Iceman
chevvron wrote:
Fairflyer5 wrote:As someone considering buying a plane and basing it at Blackbushe, I feel like this is a good sign that things are trending upwards!

Airport-funded hangarage (for rent by airport users) is in process - watch this space.

Iceman 8)
Fairflyer5, johnm liked this
By Fairflyer5
chevvron wrote:

Indeed, it's one of the things that gives me reservations about owning a plane. I don't feel very comfortable bringing in a DA-40 with a G1000 and leaving it out in the rain! I'll be very keen to see how the Blackbushe vision progresses this year.
By Sooty25
Fairflyer5 wrote:
chevvron wrote:

Indeed, it's one of the things that gives me reservations about owning a plane. I don't feel very comfortable bringing in a DA-40 with a G1000 and leaving it out in the rain! I'll be very keen to see how the Blackbushe vision progresses this year.

I think based on the past, if part of my purchasing thought process included basing there, I'd want some kind of guarantee that I wasn't going to get booted out in a years time if the management had another change of direction.
Fairflyer5, Spooky, Nick liked this