Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Flying_john
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Just wondered if anyone knew whether you are able to get permission to land at Wethersfield, or is it ATC squadron and MOD only.

Apart from Rayne and Andrewsfield, are there any other airfields that might be suitable to get to Wethersfield as I need to visit.

TIA
By Flying_john
Looks like I can't get into Wethersfield , which is a shame. Are there any Andrewsfield local forumites that could suggest a taxi firm or public transport route to get me from the airfield to Blackmore end, about 6 miles north of A/Field.

John
Balliol wrote:The VGS there is non operational and will be relocating so I suspect it has been down declared as an active airfield

I thought Wethersfield was one of the few that would (eventually) be re-forming with cadets who were parented by Kenley going there instead of Upavon where they have to go at the moment.
chevvron wrote:
Balliol wrote:The VGS there is non operational and will be relocating so I suspect it has been down declared as an active airfield

I thought Wethersfield was one of the few that would (eventually) be re-forming with cadets who were parented by Kenley going there instead of Upavon where they have to go at the moment.

Chevvron, the runour I heard was that it was locating to Swanton Morley - but that rumour is about 12 months old. :thumleft:
By Dave W
halfmil wrote:There was a couple of strips just outside the boundary of Wethersfield - not sure if they'd be long enough?

https://tinyurl.com/y74x84fh

https://tinyurl.com/yb9ujppx

@halfmil, do you know the names of these two strips?
G-ANPK wrote:trevs99uk
It`s Boones Farm not Blooms, have seen a aircraft land there for sometime now.

Flying -John
Your best bet is Rayne Hall Farm, let me know when your coming I`ll try and get you a lift.

G-ANPK

No not Boones Farm but Blooms Farm, Sible Hedingham once owned by Carolyn Grace of spitfire fame...

Operator:
Angus Small,
Blooms Farm
Sible Hedingham
North Essex
By Lefty
trevs99uk wrote:
G-ANPK wrote:trevs99uk
It`s Boones Farm not Blooms, have seen a aircraft land there for sometime now.

Flying -John
Your best bet is Rayne Hall Farm, let me know when your coming I`ll try and get you a lift.

G-ANPK

No not Boones Farm but Blooms Farm, Sible Hedingham once owned by Carolyn Grace of spitfire fame...

Operator:
Angus Small,
Blooms Farm
Sible Hedingham
North Essex

And easily found on SkyDemon!
By Highland Park
gaznav wrote:
chevvron wrote:

Chevvron, the runour I heard was that it was locating to Swanton Morley - but that rumour is about 12 months old. :thumleft:

Confirmed last month that it is going to happen (according to a post on Proon)... no date though.
gaznav liked this