Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
One gotcha to look out for is that you need to provide an ORIGINAL PRINTED utility or council tax bill. When I went there, a two hour drive each way, I explained that all my utility accounts are on line but they refused to accept a screen shot of my last bill.

I had to ask my energy provider for a paper bill and make a second trip to the Belgrano. In total that made eight hours of my life that I will never get back!

But at least I have the satisfaction of knowing that this exercise has substantially enhanced the safety of the pilot community. Perhaps Sunny could use it as a case study?...... :clown:
I thought the non-acceptance of photocopies/ screenshots (unless, as in the case of ID, authenticated by CFI etc) was common knowledge: I've certainly been aware of it for the last couple of years.

Just as I was agonising over how to get around the online billing problem, my annual Council Tax demand flopped through the letterbox onto the doormat so I took that.....

Peter
PeteSpencer wrote:I can’t understand why people are constantly trying to buck the system . The 61.75 re-issue requirements have been well documented and the CAA has provided a smooth( ish) pathway via SRG2110 to do it all in UK before the October cut off DaveW mentions.

No need to bugger about with heart searching over what validity the moribund poo brown will eventually have ,if any and how to hoodwink the Feds, just get a EASA PPL licence number and get that transferred to your 61.75 .The CAA pretty much spoon feeds you all the way :wink: And the FAA sends the new certificate directly to your door, no charge.

I don't think the CAA spoon-feeds the process or makes it particularly easy.

Hazard a guess it will have taken you 6 hours driving and some additional stress speaking to someone getting an email etc etc.

Not my idea of a smooth process.

Why on earth do they need to verify your address?
Even the certified copy stuff is a pain up the backside. When getting license verification when transitioning back from the IAA to CAA a few years ago, it was easier for me to drive to and from Gatwick than find an examiner to certify copies (they wouldn’t accept a non-CAA examiner hence none of my colleagues could do it!)
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
Why on earth do they need to verify your address?

Well,I. emailed the FAA who hold as my address the one when I got the licence in 2002,now demolished. They send new licence to that address,unless notified by CAA of different address.

As the FAA send the new licence to the address confirmed by CAA (inter alia the address on yer ID /utility bill must match the address on yer CAA licence for the CAA to verify it) I can see a very good reason for the CAA verifying yer address.

The CAA website specifically links to the correct verification form SRG2100 and process and also links to the FAA advice site outlining their side of the procedure including an info email with 2 hour reply.
Short of wiping your ar se for you, what more do you want?

And a car trip to the Belgrano works out a bloody sight cheaper than a flight to USA :wink:

Peter
tomshep wrote:Yes but we all know what liars pilots are. Some of them wilfully give addresses they don't live at so that their licences go astray and others are so stupid that they don't know where they live.

Your sarcastic reply does not allow for pilots who move house and don't notify everybody on the massive list of people to notify.

Like it or not a fixed address is part of the security process.

You try getting a job, benefits, accomodation if you are 'NFA'.

Peter
I did my verification just after getting EASA licence back in 2014 but recently discovered I should have received a new plastic FAA licence - which I didn't get. So the one I do have is invalid.
FAA said I have to re-do the process all over again. Contacted the CAA and same as above got different advice about having to make appointment or not. Also told there was no charge.
Turned up and same as above they knew nothing. Eventually a guy comes out and does my paperwork. 4 weeks later I have letter from CAA saying I had not completed my application and it was being cancelled - remember CAA staff checked it. So called them and was asked to describe who I met. They finally found my paperwork on his desk. Okay they were doing it now. 2 days later get a call you have not filled in payment form. Even though they said again I would not be charged anything form still needed to be completed. I mailed a completed form. Week later got receipt for £44 paid!
Still no update on FAA system 3 months later.......
Don’t get your hopes up.

One of our newly type-rated pilots appeared front and centre at the Belgrano at stupid o’clock in the morning this week for the standard counter service rubber stamping (his licence, not him). He was told that due to the looming EASA deadline they had decided to see 9 people per day and by appointment only.

Apparently they wrote to “all the airlines” in advance, but not other commercial operators. Okay, fine. We’ll just have our newly qualified pilot wait four weeks before he can start work then shall we?