Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Dave Phillips wrote

Nope, one precision and one non-precision. Take your pick from the a la carte menu (oh, if you want the required PBN sign-off, one of those two has to be an RNAV).

Also the approach must be pilot interpreted, though it can be radar vectored to the final approach. For the IMC/IR(R) a PAR or SRA would be acceptable as one of the two approaches.
By FlightDek
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Dave Phillips wrote:Nope, one precision and one non-precision. Take your pick from the a la carte menu (oh, if you want the required PBN sign-off, one of those two has to be an RNAV).

I'm nearly finished my IR(R) and believe me, none of my approaches involve much precision :lol:
By FlightDek
Alastair wrote:For the IMC/IR(R) a PAR or SRA would be acceptable as one of the two approaches.

Do you have a source for this? I thought both approaches had to be pilot interpreted which ruled out the SRA? Just trying to get myself ready for the test

Thanks
Dek
By Alastair
FlightDek wrote:

I'm nearly finished my IR(R) and believe me, none of my approaches involve much precision

FlightDek,

If you compare your flying now to before the start of your IR(R) you will find that it is much more accurate and precise. Enjoy the freedom of the IR(R).
By Flintstone
flybymike wrote:
I'm nearly finished my IR(R) and believe me, none of my approaches involve much precision :lol:

My instructor’s remarks about my NDB holds;

“You charge around the sky in various different directions and occasionally fly over the beacon by accident”

You mean, there’s another way?
kanga, flybymike, Ben K liked this
By MichaelP
Is that short for “Nasty, damn, bugger”?

I remember an Airbus Captain telling me how he became confused in the A340 simulator and ended up flying circles around an NDB rather than a proper hold... ‘Happens to the best of us it seems.
CloudHound wrote:I’ve been glancing at the Shoreham Airport webcam over the past few days and it’s struck me that, even though the wx has not been suitable for VFR, there has been ATC staff on duty.

Not sure what you’re getting at.

Do you mean that the ATC staff should be sent home when the weather is poor, the logical flipside being that they then come in at short notice on days that are suitable for VFR movements? Ahaha....no.
not at every point of the da

And that’s my point. Allow staff to proactively take breaks when their customers aren’t knocking at the door.

I’m old enough to remember when bank tellers had their lunch break at lunchtime when us office wallahs needed to withdraw cash etc.

We can be smarter than that.