Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
I use EasyVFR - once you have the necessary aircraft details set up the first time, it's just one click to submit if no details have changed. And no filing charge to pay if you are on the Frequent Flyer package (small charge if you are on the cheaper "Android only" or "IOS only" deals, I believe).
Shoestring Flyer liked this
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Mac OSX problem now fixed - it seems like the latest Java update hadn't installed properly; once reinstalled AFPEX started behaving itself.

I can go back to not using it (for the same reasons as @johnm) for another three years, as Autorouter for IFR and SD for VFR are just so much easier.
I use Afpex, over a remote desktop link and VPN from iPad if I'm away. It's a unique UK privilege to have direct access to the AFTN and it works anywhere worldwide. It has the great advantage that when some foreign ATC quibble about not being able to find your plan, you know who's in the right (provided you remembered to hit 'Send' of course). And Afpex has great telephone support if you are curious about whose desk in some far away place your FPL slipped under.
Iceman liked this
By Iceman
David, that is indeed the major advantage of AFPEx. When you file a flight plan, you want to know that it is in the system, not just have some bit of flight planning software claim that it is in the system, only to find that ATC can't find your flight plan when you're in the aircraft and ready to go :roll:.

Iceman 8)
I looked briefly at AFPEx a few years ago but started to glaze over and gave up. Besides I have only had a SD flightplan go astray once through a bodged amendment.

So I just took another look, it doesn't seem any clearer this time around.. On a cursory sweep of the website there are various guides and assistances, none of which seemed to answer the question "I am going from A to E via B,C and D, to whom who do I address the flightplan?"

Does there exists a comprehensible guide anywhere?

:idea: Of course I could always form the FP in SD and then copy their addressing

Rob P
By GrahamB
Iceman wrote:David, that is indeed the major advantage of AFPEx. When you file a flight plan, you want to know that it is in the system, not just have some bit of flight planning software claim that it is in the system, only to find that ATC can't find your flight plan when you're in the aircraft and ready to go :roll:.

The -only- time I've ever had a on-line filed flight plan go adrift was with AFPEx; Italian ATC :roll:
Rob P wrote:So I just took another look, it doesn't seem any clearer this time around.. On a cursory sweep of the website there are various guides and assistances, none of which seemed to answer the question "I am going from A to E via B,C and D, to whom who do I address the FlightPlan to?
Does there exists a comprehensible guide anywhere?

:idea: Of course I could always form the FP in SD and then copy their addressing

Rob P

AfPEX does the addressing for you the same as SD and EuroFPL.

I used to talk people through using AfPEX but then FlightPlan systems were/are very familiar to me and I have no problem putting one through most of the designs I’ve met when flying round Europe. :)

At the end of the day best to use what you are happy with and you and gets the result you want as easy as possible. :)
It's still worth me looking at, so I started to apply

The form says

Pilot's Licence Details

CAA Licence?*

o Yes
o No

I assume having a little blue book I just answer "No"?

Rob P
Trent772 wrote:I phone Flight Support at work and they do it for me..... :pirat:

Excellent. What's their number? :clown: