Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Martinbguk
Hi All
Does anyone know where there is a PZL Wilga flying in the UK with a friendly owner.
I've seen one at Tatenhill.
I'd like to have a look round one and potentially a flight.
(There are two others in the UK which seem to be out of ARC by a few years, I'd be interested in contact there as well)
Any leads or contact details would be great. If the owners contact details are in the public domain I'm quite happy for my details to be sent to them by PM.
TIA
MBG
By letpmar
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
There was one at Husbands Bosworth a few years ago and I know someone who will know who has it.
Give me a call if you like

Pete
07976 262833
By letpmar
Ha Ha, I saw the wreckage at Hinton and it was parked with us at Firs Farm before the accident.
By G-ANPK
Martinbguk
There is one at Sywell (EGBK), kept in the Corporate hangar, don`t know how friendly the owner is.
hth
G-ANPK
By chevvron
Polish guy at Booker who imports Polish gliders used to import the Wilga; try him, otherwise there were several parked at Szczecin/Goleniow when I visited in in 2006 and they were still parked in the same places when I returned in 2011.
Silly aeroplane anyway; during the '74 Farnborough Airshow towed 3 gliders up at the same time, got airborne in about 50m doing so and did it's own display before landing on a short grass strip.
By Martinbguk
Paul_Sengupta wrote:Flew one on floats with Michael P in Vancouver a few years ago.

I'm not sure you should just leave that there Paul. What were your impressions (albeit on floats)? :D
By Dave Phillips
I flew one, once. It was LY-AWV based at Newtownards.

An interesting experience: solid, manly, noisy, slow, thirsty (fuel, oil & compressed air) and powerful. Finesse....... no. On the positive side, you could probably replace a prop blade with a bit of 6x1 from B&Q. As long as you landed straight the big undercarriage would make any landing look good.

Would I buy one? No. Would I fly it again? Yes, it's something different.
By Paul_Sengupta
Martinbguk wrote:I'm not sure you should just leave that there Paul. What were your impressions (albeit on floats)? :D

It was a Paul sized aeroplane rather than all these toy Cubs they have in Winter Haven which I can't fit in! :D Though it did have a spar in the way so I had to duck my head if I wanted to moved my head forward to look out and then duck again sitting back.

It flew like an aeroplane. Good acceleration in the water but when airborne the thing didn't go all that fast...we kept it to about 90 knots to not use too much fuel! It had a Spitfire like circle on top of the control column.
Martinbguk liked this