Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Having spoken to locals around 5 years back, he was fighting with the local city for permits and funding. They weren't forthcoming, so he said he would shut it and concentrate on aeroplane restoration for his own collection.

While money isn't a real problem for Kermit, I can see his frustrations. Although Florida has so many attractions, his location is off the beaten track but with great access from the I-4 and sort of between Seaworld and Busch Gardens.

I have been many times and have always seen something different or new. I hope he chooses the route that maintains a great facility both for the public to see immaculate aeroplanes, all in an (almost) airworthy state, and allows him to keep restoring some important historic aeroplanes.

The last time I did a back lot tour, there were container after container full of bits - in some were Lancaster parts, Mosquito parts etc etc - the potential is huge.
By Human Factor
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I think Kermit's biggest problem is that he can't build his dream fast enough. There are only so many people with the time and the skills who are available.

If you want to know why money isn't an issue, search for "Lewis Weeks geologist".