Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Ben K
Highland Park wrote:Not an airline pilot, but I'm told that when Air Marshal Cliff Spink flew with an AEF, it wasn't unknown for him to fly to the AEF in the Spitfire XVI that bears his initials...

Awesome :D
Dave Phillips wrote:...... and of course the ANO only applies to G reg aircraft; any Ryanair chaps on here? :)

Ryanair aircraft are 'EI' registered so the UK ANO doesn't apply to them. :twisted: :mrgreen:
Last edited by chevvron on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Highland Park wrote:Not an airline pilot, but I'm told that when Air Marshal Cliff Spink flew with an AEF, it wasn't unknown for him to fly to the AEF in the Spitfire XVI that bears his initials...

Gp Capt Reg Hallam RIP used to commute into Farnborough in Charles Churches P51D Mustang and could fly any number of different types including fast jets and helicopters before going home the same way.
In his spare time, Reg also flew various types for the filming of the TV series 'A Piece of Cake' and I'm not sure but I think he did the test flying of an actual Me 109 (rather than a Hispano Buchon) which had been re-furbished.
Last edited by chevvron on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.