Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I prefer AfricanEagles's marshalling technique when arriving at hot Italian Raduno fly-ins where he marshalls you in with a couple of large, chilled bottles of beer :thumright: :cheers:. I'm looking forward to Elba this year.

Iceman 8)
Rob P, Dave W, Rob L and 3 others liked this
By Dave W
Mr @Paul_Sengupta marshalled me with beer at Saucats. I agree with @Iceman - it is to be commended.

There should be an NPA or whatever to make this an ICAO standard procedure. 8)
Iceman, Paul_Sengupta liked this
By Rob L
My personal "throttle to bottle" record is less than 30 seconds, at Hammerfest July 1996 when parking up in my Taylorcraft in daylight just after midnight. I was still in the cockpit when a former marshalling cold 'un was thrust upon me through the window :D
Iceman, Dave W liked this
By PaulSS
Nothing to do with marshalling but I've just noticed Paul's 'Dog registration and have it in my logbook whilst training at RNEFTS (RAF Topcliffe) :D

Beers in aircraft: displaying the Sea Harrier at North Weald and being handed one while the engine was still running down. Well, it was a difficult 8 minutes of work :mrgreen:
Charles Hunt, AlanC, Iceman and 1 others liked this
By Flyingfemme
The handlers at Bali greet visitors on the ramp with a mini-esky full of beer. I think they were trained by aussie ferry pilots :lol:
Iceman liked this
By Grumpy One
The reception at Portoroz hand you(or used to) a glass of chilled Sliwowica as you walk through the door.
Being a sneaky barsteward, when you walk through the door the second time you are handed another SHLlivvOwich .... and then ....... you fall over...... :cyclopsani:
By Lefty
Grumpy One wrote:The reception at Portoroz hand you(or used to) a glass of chilled Sliwowica as you walk through the door.
Being a sneaky barsteward, when you walk through the door the second time you are handed another SHLlivvOwich .... and then ....... you fall over...... :cyclopsani:

They must be getting lazy. On both times I’ve visited Portoroz, even before the prop had stopped turning, a minivan pulled up alongside the a/c and very pretty ladies in national costume we’re there to hand us a glass of Slivovitz as we opened the door and got out of the a/c. I’m sure a couple of folks were well into the Slivovitz whilst still strapped in the back of the a/c ! :thumright:
GeorgeJLA liked this
By chevvron
Paul_Sengupta wrote:Image

Ends up with 4 holes in the wing due to the metal in the chilled beer cans reacting via the acidic condensation caused by them reacting with the metal of the wing. :twisted: