Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Rob P
Who fancies a sweepstake for the next in line?

Bristol, Coventry, Swansea, Wickenby, Inverness all going into the hat :D

Rob P
By defcribed
Dave Phillips wrote:
2Donkeys wrote:I wonder if this idea will get any further than the Air Park, previously planned for this location.

..... which reminds me. Why is Booker called Wycombe Air Park?

And is it actually a park? Can I walk my dog and chuck a frisbee around?

Didn't one of the lo-cos once advertise 'London Prestwick' to unsuspecting foreigners, or am I just making that up?
By 2Donkeys
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
This image is rather more helpful than the one used in the Flyer Report, in that you can actually see how the proposed development maps onto the existing airport layout.

If fully implemented, this would be huge for Cranfield, but possibly injurious to light GA if successful. It will be interesting to see if the investment and will is really behind this development in the way that it clearly wasn't behind the previous Airpark idea.

I notice in passing that London Cranfield Jet Centre Ltd was incorporated in mid 2016 directed by Dubai based George Harding, Consultant Mark Butler, and their lawyer David Tang. The company, which is still dormant, is a wholly owned subsidiary of loss-making ABP (London) Investment Ltd, a Chinese-run property developer with interests in the Docklands. That company is itself owned through a middle-co by a company in the British Virgin Islands Dauphin Holdings Group Limited owned, it is believed by Chinese property developer Xu Weiping (Mr Xu has, interestingly, adopted Republic of the Seychelles nationality - a jurisdiction that is particularly tax efficient.)

A little digging reveals George Harding's ownership through an offshore company of Action Aviation Consulting,, another loss-making company based in Hangar 1 that already brokers biz jet aircraft in addition to hangarage out of London Cranfield Airport.

Going under the name of Hamish Harding, the same individual used to be associated with Action Aviation at Luton, a company which never seems to have found its footing and which was finally struck off after repeatedly failing to file the required accounts/returns.

So, in summary, it looks a lot like Chinese Money and Property Development, with Dubai-Based project management and commercial exploitation. It will be interesting to see how it comes together.
Last edited by 2Donkeys on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this