Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
letpmar wrote:How do you right click on an iPad

On the iPad Pete, press the screen on the item or lat/long in which you are interested. Press the top item on the menu that comes up and then select 'satellite view'.

Iceman 8)
By Tim Dawson
SkyDemon developer
VRP is an internationally used abbreviation which means Visual Reporting Point.

It is unfortunate that the UK have attempted to state it means Visual Reference Point just in the UK, though I'm sure somebody meant well. The reality is that making it different just causes confusion, and changing its name will not actually dissuade anybody from routing via a VRP.
Peter Mundy, skydriller, Joe Dell and 1 others liked this
By skydriller
Dave Phillips wrote:
Tim Dawson wrote:Correct. But not really relevant.

Entirely relevant. What do the French call them, or the Emirates?

No idea what the Emirati's call them, but the French call them VFR "Points de compte rendu" = Reporting Points...

Regards, SD..
By Tim Dawson
SkyDemon developer
French pilots call them reporting points. German pilots call them reporting points. All other European countries I’ve come across call them reporting points. I’ve just realised I’m saying the same thing I said in my previous post.

I’ve no idea what they call them in Emirates, we don’t operate there.
By skydriller
Tim Dawson wrote:French pilots call them reporting points. German pilots call them reporting points. All other European countries I’ve come across call them reporting points..

For the avoidance of doubt, my point was agreeing that French pilots call them Reporting Points and you are instructed on the radio, for example, to "report November".

Truth be told, I had forgotten that there was a UK difference until Tim mentioned it and I would be very surprised if most pilots, regardless of where they are from, having had the instruction "Report November" wouldnt fly to that point and report they were there... But hey, logic and aviation doesnt always mix...

Regards, SD..