Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By chevvron
Bobcro wrote:
SteveX wrote:Pathetic. I don't need a fire engine near me driving on roads. I don't need one when flying into unmanned strips legally. Pathetic pointless rules made by unrealistic so called humans for those that want to fly at this place.

Ah

SteveX I am sure that the Airport Director would be interested to see the terms and conditions under which you can operate turbine powered or other aircraft into EGCN out of published hours or with reduced fire cover.

Standing by.

It's possible at Fairoaks; private flights only ie no fare paying passengers.
By CloudHound
Lets see what good ol' CAP168 Licensing of Aerodromes has to say on the matter.

It's in Chapter 8 RFFS and a key paragraph reads
8.18 It is acknowledged that flights may take place that would not normally require
the use of a licensed aerodrome or, the occupancy of the aircraft, due to the
purpose of the flight, is low. Examples include cargo only flights7, training flights,
positioning flights, end of aircraft life flights or business jets where the number
of seats is lower8 than a scheduled aircraft configuration. In such circumstances
it would be reasonable to determine an appropriate level of RFFS provision by
risk assessment through the aerodrome’s SMS.

And for Chevvron
"Remission"
"8. Remission enables aerodromes to provide RFFS facilities to one category below that determined by the size of the largest aeroplane."
"9. Where the number of movements of the aeroplanes in the highest category normally using the aerodrome is less than 700 in the busiest consecutive three months, the level of protection provided shall not be less than one category below the determined category."
"10. Aerodromes currently promulgating RFFS Category 1 or 2 may apply remission on only one category higher than their promulgated category."

If Cranfield were to transition to EASA Reg 2014/139 a similar rule would apply as ICAO is the source of the standards and recommended practices.

I'm not tendering for any work from Cranfield and my a/c reg is G-BMSA
By chevvron
CloudHound wrote:
"Remission"
"8. Remission enables aerodromes to provide RFFS facilities to one category below that determined by the size of the largest aeroplane."
"9. Where the number of movements of the aeroplanes in the highest category normally using the aerodrome is less than 700 in the busiest consecutive three months, the level of protection provided shall not be less than one category below the determined category."
"10. Aerodromes currently promulgating RFFS Category 1 or 2 may apply remission on only one category higher than their promulgated category."

So I would read that to be Cranfield could downgrade to Cat 1 cover for (say) a PC12 or TBM 850 which would normally be Cat 2? No need to close completely?
By GonzoEGLL
I desperately want to know if my posts are monitored by someone at Cranfield like Pete's and Paul's are.

I will feel left out if it is not so.

Maybe I should post when I'm next there visiting and post from 'inside the house'?
By chevvron
GonzoEGLL wrote:I desperately want to know if my posts are monitored by someone at Cranfield like Pete's and Paul's are.

I will feel left out if it is not so.

Maybe I should post when I'm next there visiting and post from 'inside the house'?

I know they're monitored by SARG at Gatwick, so you won't be left out. :whistle:
2Donkeys, Ben K liked this
By Ben K
TLRippon wrote:This thread is has me rather perplexed, I'm not sure what Paul and Pete are supposed to have done? It all sounds normal to me but just in case this is not cushty, I'm Sparticus.

You're not the only one. What a bizarre and overbearing overreacton.

I'm Spartacus....
By Ben K
Bobcro wrote:
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
I also don't see how my employer or the aeroplane I fly is of any relevance to the above?

You would be surprised how many potential customers for be it for IT services, electronic or building work view their potential partners background and social media to see what the company and staff are up to. If people are known to imbibe too much, not that you do, or post in the early hours when IT support is needed on site at 0700 next day then this may be noted. Many contracts are awarded on a points scoring basis and all factors may be taken into consideration. Local support from a company in MK would score higher than one based 2 hours away.

Come off it. You have no idea what Paul's schedule is, his working hours, or in fact his timezone. To imply that he's posting drunk at 2am is quite frankly ridiculous.

Besides...what on earth has it got to do with you?