Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Sir Morley Steven
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Students ( and pilots) make mistakes. That’s their job. This will cause problems. I just have my fingers crossed they won’t have fatal consequences.
We all remember a request to orbit ending up as a fatal. I have already had one issue at my club caused by someone switching back to 25 presumably so they didn’t have to scroll through all those pesky frequencies.
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Thanks, Marvin - that's useful.

From there:
SUP 009/2018 wrote:3 Supplement Updates
3.1 This Supplement will be revised and a new Supplement published in line with the publication dates set out in the Supplements publication schedule. An electronic copy of this data in comma separated value format (.csv) is available from the CAA’s website:
http://www.caa.co.uk/General-aviation/A ... Hz-radios/

It also points out:
SUP 009/2018 wrote:4 Other AIC Sources
4.1 Please note that other AIC sources of information regarding radio channels may be out of date during 2018 and airspace users are advised to refer to this Supplement for latest information. This includes aerodrome plates, and radio frequency cards etc.
The AIC also shows that Farnborough tower (122.5) and Farnborough approach (134.350) are due to change within the next 60 days.

The supplemental data at http://www.caa.co.uk/General-aviation/Aircraft-ownership-and-maintenance/8-33-kHz-radios/ shows Farnborough approach as “Conversion Complete” yet it is not due to convert until 28th March.

It also shows Farnborough tower as both “Conversion Complete” (122.780) and “Not yet converted” (122.5). Since the new assignment is 122.780 and the old assignment was 122.5 how can it be both complete and not yet converted? It has in fact converted.

Since both the AIC and the supplemental data are wrong and disagree with each other what reliable source can pilots use?
Alastair wrote:..

Since both the AIC and the supplemental data are wrong and disagree with each other what reliable source can pilots use?

Forumites' postings, of course, as ever .. ? :roll: :)
Alastair wrote:Since both the AIC and the supplemental data are wrong and disagree with each other what reliable source can pilots use?

If the usual nav planning shows a 25kHz frequency for any ATSU that might get called going A to B then can either
- pick up the phone and ask them
- email them
- check airfield website.

With all the fuss about 8.33kHz channels, I imagine the airfields will soon tell you if they have moved to 8.33 channels if phone to ask for wx , runway in use, fuel availability, cake status etc (even when PPR not required).