Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Weatherman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Hello!

Well, I've seen better weekends, so it's a good job I'm holding Aviation Weather School tomorrow :) There will be some flying to be found away from western coasts and hills, Sunday is best overall.

And how about improving your chances of spotting those crucial weather windows? Well, I can help you do so if you come along to Weather School. My next Aviation Weather School (Part 1) courses is on Saturday 12th May 2018. I have two places remaining on it and this will be the last course before the summer season kicks in. Find out more and book your place now at at http://www.WeatherSchool.co.uk .

Weatherweb Premium also has lots of weather wisdom and is continuing to grow with more pilots joining every week. There's stack of weather information, forecasts and learning to be found on the website and you can try Weatherweb Premium completely free at
http://premium.weatherweb.net/become-a-member/

And don't forget you can also receive these forecasts by email, just send a blank email to
aviationweather-subscribe@weatherweb.net

Have a great weekend,
Simon

WEEKEND WEATHER FORECAST
==========================

Issued: 1200 hrs, Friday 26th January 2018

SATURDAY
---------------
Fronts passing eastwards through the UK and Ireland on Saturday. Low pressure is to the northwest of Scotland.
The fronts bring plenty of cloud and outbreaks of rain with them; coastal and hill fog affecting hills and coasts, especially in the north and west.
The most persistent of the rain should clear from eastern England int he afternoon, followed by plenty of cloud and still with low cloud and some drizzle affecting western coasts and hills.
Conditions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may brighten up in the afternoon with the cloud breaking although there will be some showers in western coasts.
Winds SW 20-25kt (F5-F6) becoming W 20-25kt (F5-F6) from the west in the afternoon. W 30-35kt 9F7-F8) in northern Scotland.

SUNDAY
------------
A warm front tracks northeastwards through Sunday as pressure builds to the south of the UK.
There will be plenty of cloud around for many with some drizzle in the north and west. Mist and fog shrouding western coasts and hills too. Most of the drizzle affecting western and southern Scotland as well as parts of northwest England.
It is likely that to the lee of high ground the cloud will break with some sunny spells developing. Feeling very mild too.
Winds W 20-28kt (F6-F7) but gusts to 35kt (F8) are likely in places.

**ends**