Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By chevvron
Anyone remember the above; near Hull c '67 - 81. Closed due to NIMBYs when the lease ran out?(even though it was in open countryside)
I know it used to be in the Air Touring Flight Guide aka Pooleys but all mine of that era have been lost in house moves. If anyone can remember runway lengths and QDMs, that's what I'm after.
By ChrisA
Remember going there as a boy to watch an air display. Seem to recall it was put on by the Barnstormers with a certain Mr Boddington the star. Very popular I might add.
By chevvron
deanoplane wrote:My 1970 Pooleys says: Runway 06/24, 2200 by 300 feet and runway 01/19, 1500 by 300 feet.

Thanks guys, so in todays money that's 670m x 37m and 457m x37m and it was licensed. What a sad loss.
Did you know the Beverley now at Fort Paull actually landed at Paull airfield on that 670m on 30 Mar '74? Beverleys had reversible pitch props.
Flown up from Luton by Farnborough pilots a few days after I started working in Farnborough ATC.
By CloudHound
The Lancashire Aero Club had a Fly-out to Paull in the early 1970s. It was a great success with 20 or so members in a dozen a/c attending. I have a group photo somewhere. The Beverley was still in good shape and I think we clambered around it.