Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
What a complete and utter misuse of energy. Publicity seeking Faz Ahmed should have agreed to make a donation to a worthwhile local charity rather than honour a dubious commitment. Whilst he has gained publicity I don't think that headlines such as 'Jet setting Curry Mogul' does our industry much good.
hatzflyer liked this
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The initiative came from the expats in France led by James33 from these forums, not the Portsmouth restaurant. James has a been a good friend and host to many on here.

Why do you think it does the industry no good, Bob? I think this fun event does the industry no harm at all, and actually I think it was a light-hearted way of raising the profile of GA in a positive manner - as well as teaching les grenouilles the advantages of a decent curry!
gasman, kanga, skydriller and 3 others liked this
Dave W wrote:The initiative came from the expats in France led by James33 from these forums, not the Portsmouth restaurant. James has a been a good friend and host to many on here.

Why do you think it does the industry no good, Bob? I think this fun event does the industry no harm at all, and actually I think it was a light-hearted way of raising the profile of GA in a positive manner - as well as teaching les grenouilles the advantages of a decent curry!

I am sure that James is a good host to many but surely a better way to raise the profile of GA would have been to donate the value of the AVTUR they could have saved by not flying 30 curries to a charity that use aircraft in relief or charity work.
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Certainly an alternative would have been to do that but in reality the trigger for this was apparently a conversation in Bordeaux about inability to get good curries in France, and it grew from there.

The starting point wasn't "What to do for charity?", it was ""We want curry".

What's wrong with that?
AfricanEagle, tomshep, skydriller and 2 others liked this
A few years ago I was unlucky enough to be stuck in Goose Bay over New Year - usual winter weather stuff. Being frequent visitors we (my Beloved and myself) were invited to a New Year party held by one of the local "great and good". The food was unlike anything I have ever seen in those environs, so I asked where they shopped.........."we sent the jet" :roll:
Iceman liked this