Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I understand from a quick chat last week that @matspart3 is involved with an aviation charity - if someone (him or someone within his ATZ) could just post a link, I for one would like to make a little donation to mark his leaving as a thank you for providing an airport for GA to appreciate and others to use as a model.
johnm, kanga, Nick liked this
By johnm
Irv Lee wrote:I understand from a quick chat last week that @matspart3 is involved with an aviation charity - if someone (him or someone within his ATZ) could just post a link, I for one would like to make a little donation to mark his leaving as a thank you for providing an airport for GA to appreciate and others to use as a model.

I think it might be this one https://www.fly2help.org/
By Lefty
I recall there was talk of organising a farewell Forum Fly-in to Gloucester to say thank you and wish him well. Does anyone know if this is going ahead ??
By Nick
Lefty wrote:I recall there was talk of organising a farewell Forum Fly-in to Gloucester to say thank you and wish him well. Does anyone know if this is going ahead ??

I hope so. I have paid and hope to collect my tickets on the night.

ATC & RT for PPLs evening Gloucester - Fri 26th January 1900

Nick
By Dave W
:D

@Nick, I'd understood that the Farewell Fly-In was to be later in the year when the weather's better and a different event to mp3's talk on "Speaking nicely to ATCOs", where he's singing for his supper rather than being told what a jolly good fellow he is.
By matspart3
My last controlling stint was at 0730 this morning (this was my 4th [and final] attempt at retiring from ATC) and my final day in the office will be Wed 31st January.

I’ll be having a leaving ‘do’ at The Aviator on Friday 16th February from 1900 onwards. I’ll also be around for brunch on Saturday 17th (hopefully with a sleep in between.) It would be great to see you there.

I’ll also be hosting a separate ‘ATC & RT for PPL’s’ lecture on Friday 26th January, details are in a separate thread.

I am a trustee of aviation charity http://www.fly2help.org and, if you feel that way inclined, you’ll find a donate button on their site.
kanga, ChrisA, Ben K liked this
By matspart3
Over and out!

24 years, 3 months and 13 days but it sometimes feels like 5 minutes.

It felt a bit odd today and have to admit to a few tears at one of the texts from a staff member. Slightly numb and getting slightly number with Mrs Matspart3 and a bottle of fizz.

Hope to see some of you on Fri 16th Feb.
G-JWTP, Dave W, kanga and 17 others liked this
By Waveflyer
A few miles south of Gloucestershire is Nympsfield where I keep the Cub. If any body that reads this thread is looking for some occupational therapy today, I could do with a hand to clean out the drains to the Hangar :cheers: :whistle: :sleeping: :lol:

Was it Iceman and I that bought somebody here (for a day) at a dinner a few years back? :scratch:
kanga liked this