Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
A friend looking for something from Dublin to UK next summer - prob no more than 100nm and four people, I imagine great for a piston rather than jet or something like a King Air.

This needs to be a proper charter, not a cost share type thing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ian
By ADP
Hi Ian,

Depending on whether your friend is looking for a one-way, short return or period return then the best bet would be Woodgate Aviation, they have a King Air 200 based out of Aldergrove. Alternatively Broadsword/2Excel have another King Air out of Doncaster which would work in the event of a one-way or double rotation.

You would be surprised at how little a lot of charter brokers know! :D

Cheers,

Adrian
By Night Hawk
Hi Ian,

I work in business jets and have broker experience, text me your requirements and I’ll chat to our broker team....

Empty legs may be an option

Saxon Air
Fly Victor
Execujet (my place)

Let me know if you or your friend need some advice and I can assist.

NH
By matspart3
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I think Ravenair might be the last Seneca charter operator around these days and Woodgate have a Navajo. Both are based not a million miles away, which will reduce empty leg costs.

Nothing against brokers, they do an important job but you're adding 7% or more to the cost from the outset...
By Europaul383
matspart3 wrote:...Nothing against brokers, they do an important job but you're adding 7% or more to the cost from the outset...

Correct, but it's more likely to be anything between 0% and 7% nowadays, and avoiding that depends on knowing all the people with all the right 'planes in all the right places...

Also work in business jets and will have a word with our broker team...

My tame experts agree with Ravenair Seneca and Woodgate Navajo; add FlyWales B200 at Haverfordwest and APEM's P68 or BN2 at Hawarden.

If your chosen operator has no availability on your chosen date, you will have to find your own alternatives, which might well then not be the cheapest available - a good broker will have Plan B, C & D up their sleeve in descending order* of your chosen parameters (price, speed, age, shineyness etc).

NB - Dublin Platinum Services charge per pax and per crew member, in and out, so recommend using Weston if possible - certainly worth comparing.
ADP wrote:You would be surprised at how little a lot of charter brokers know! :D

And you might be surprised how much some know... :D

HTH

* metaphorical geo-sartorial anomaly notwithstanding.
By Bobcro
Much as I am keen to support people wanting to use aircraft I do think that the question could and should have been better worded at the outset and thus saving much speculation.

The real requirement is for the need sometime next summer for 4 US Citizens on tour to travel from Dublin to Wales no return.