Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By JSAG
I passed my IMC IR(R) (A) flight/skills test in May 2016.

I enjoyed honing my flying skills.

I didn't take my written exam. I know. I know.

The question is, if I pass the written exam before May 2018 can that validate my IMC IR(R) (A).
I have all the requisite hours PIC and instrument?

I have contacted the CAA and so far they have come back with :-
<<<Keep up to date with the latest CAA aviation news and alerts with SkyWise!

http://www.caa.co.uk/Our-work/CAA-SkyWise/>>>

Any views or information welcome.
By SteveC
As you should not have taken the skill test before the written exam the six month window to submit the application is a moot point.......
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I think all these initial tests have "single figure months" of validity, imc used to be max 9 months, but no matter. Test had to be within 12 months of ground exam. So ground exam then re test. I had a guy contact me once who had done a whole ppl course, including test, out in the States, had been given everything to put a stamp on and post. And didn't.
By Straight Level
I'm 2 or 3 lessons away from my IRR skill test and have been looking at CAP804 section E (about 3/4 down the document )
AFAIK, this is the criteria even though CAP804 is just "for reference":-
https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CA ... EFONLY.pdf
3.3.1 Validities
The Skill Test and Theoretical Knowledge Examination required for the inclusion of an
IMC Rating / IR (Restricted) in an aeroplane pilot licence must be completed (and
application for the rating submitted) within the time period shown below:
Theoretical Knowledge Examination: 12 months validity for the conduct of a Skill
Test
and 21 months for the issue of the rating.
Skill Test: 9 months validity for the issue of the rating.

My bold. "validity for the conduct of a Skill..." means that a TK pass is a prerequisite in order to do the skill test and you then have 12 months to gain a skill test pass would be how I read it?

Hope that is of use.
SL
By SteveC
Yes, and my mistake, it’s 9 months to issue the rating not six as per other ratings. However with that correction my original comment stands.
By SteveC
ChrisRowland wrote:Does that mean that you believe that Jsag's skill test is invalid and will have to be taken again after he's passed the exam?

Was I not clear? Which bit do I need to explain?
By ChrisRowland
SteveC wrote:
ChrisRowland wrote:Does that mean that you believe that Jsag's skill test is invalid and will have to be taken again after he's passed the exam?

Just what evidence you have for your beliefs.
By SteveC
IMCR wrote:2.2.1 of the flight examiners handbook if yours was an integrated course might provide some help.

An integrated IMC course? Please do share the details.
By SteveC
ChrisRowland wrote:
SteveC wrote:

Just what evidence you have for your beliefs.

CAP804 as a starting point as has been quoted above. You get the idea......
By GolfHotel
it sounds to me like the OP thinks he has an IR(R) and wan't to know how to validate it. Obviously I may be getting the wrong end of the stick here.

It may be he is using the word "validate" to mean can he get an IR(R) issued but to me that seems strange.

OP do you have an IR(R) on your licence?
By SteveC
GolfHotel wrote:it sounds to me like the OP thinks he has an IR(R) and wan't to know how to validate it. Obviously I may be getting the wrong end of the stick here.

It may be he is using the word "validate" to mean can he get an IR(R) issued but to me that seems strange.

OP do you have an IR(R) on your licence?

Not my reading of it.